My one year aniversary!

Stephanie J.
on 4/13/05 5:44 pm - Tucson, AZ
I'm exactly what I want to weigh right now, which is literally half the body mass I had last year this time. Today is my surgical aniversary and I feel like celebrating it more than any birthday I've ever had. Life still has its knocks. I'm in the potty financially. I have a thirteen year old stretching the boundaries most days. I still haven't quite figured out how to eat "normally" (although I'm working on it now), and have various other issues that would have all felt like so many more nails in my coffin just a year ago. But having my health back, I can't tell you how much all the rest of the concerns in my life pale when compared to just being physically healthy and alive! I hope you all get to experience the same feeling. I've lost everything I need to lose, and gained so much more in perspective about what's really important in life. The honeymoon is still not over. Salud everybody, Stephanie J
ems1211
on 4/14/05 9:14 am - Phoenix, AZ
Stephanie: Good for you. You should be so proud of yourself. I keep telling myself that by this time next year, I'll be thin. I'm hoping for surgery in July. Take care. Susan
Stephanie J.
on 4/15/05 11:08 am - Tucson, AZ
Good luck to you too, Susan! Let us know how it's going! - Stephanie J
Becky F.
on 4/15/05 4:03 am - Chandler, AZ
Happy Aniversary!! It only gets better. Becky
Trisha
on 4/15/05 4:19 pm - Glendale, AZ
Congrats!!! That is awesome!! What an inspiration you are! Wow!! So glad the honeymoon isn't over yet. That's encouraging to me (only 5 1/2 weeks out). Congrats on improving and taking control of your health! Life has a way of throwing lemons at us, but just remember that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. So hang in there with your teenager. You aren't alone!! Thanks for posting and CONGRATS on your 1 year anniversary!
Sandy in Tucson
on 4/17/05 1:46 pm - Tucson, AZ
To my friend Stephanie J., your the best. I am so glad your doing so well. I thrilled you met your goal. Take care....Sandy in Tucson P. S. I am 1/2 way there myself in 5.5 months. 92 lbs down........trust me this surgery is just a tool, you got to do all the work to make sure it works correctly. It is not an easy road.
mailbag
on 4/18/05 3:43 pm - Imperial, CA
you haven't mentioned what you weighed at wls or what you weigh now, not much info what gives??? your profile only talks about 1 thing a stricture at 3 months you need to really update that I'm glad you are healthy but if you are at goal what is that goal??? left alot of good info out it's your anniversary give more details sooo we can all be happy for you more don't be shy about it shout it from the rooftopI'm down 100 200 pounds!!! we 'd love to know did you make the centuryclub yet? hope you can give us some postive things to look forward to at 1 year thats all Stephanie I'm glad the honeymoon isn't over go girl go girl on whatever your weight loss was we are all in the dark!! I was expecting bells and whistles TRish
Stephanie J.
on 4/20/05 2:39 pm - Tucson, AZ
Thanks for the Kudos, ladies! In response to your questions, Trish, I've just bragged about my weight numbers enough times already, I figured people were probably tired of hearing it by now. But here goes! I've lost 145 pounds and now weigh 145 pounds - from a start of 290. My numbers have such nice symmetry! I look a little like a sharpay, but I feel like Madonna! How ironic, huh. As for the profile, I don't ever remember having a profile or writing anything on it. I must have and then forgot about it, I guess. I'm not even sure how to get to the profile page. I'll try to get it updated if I ever find where it is! Take care. - Stephanie J
mailbag
on 4/20/05 2:50 pm - Imperial, CA
thanks for getting back to me I was kidding about your profile update alot of people don't like to write in them it's a pain in the $ss ha:: great 145 down and you are 145 I post on the ariz board because I live 44 miles from Yuma Ariz so I'm 5 hours from you good luck Stephanie Trish I feel like hiding now
Most Active