Looking for a PCP

Michele M.
on 4/12/05 4:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
RNY on 07/21/04 with
We moved here in January, and I need a PCP to follow me through the rest of this journey. (My surgery was last July, in Florida.) The PCP my sisterinlaw referred me to, is an incompetent boob. Anyone have any suggestions for Drs in the Goodyear area? Michele
Kim R.
on 4/12/05 5:48 am - Peoria, AZ
Michele, My Dr. is in Glendale, around 61st Ave and Olive. Her name is Dr. Linda Motsch and she is just awesome. She recently moved to a crappy facility over on Olive, but she gives 150% and I would recommend her to anyone. I'm not sure if she is taking new patients though. If you want to travel a little and want a great doctor then I would recommend her. Good luck! Kim R/az
Trisha
on 4/12/05 7:07 am - Glendale, AZ
Hmm....Buckeye......I don't know about any over there, but of course I HAD, just HAD to post about my PCP. She's at 44th St./Camelback and WORTH THE DRIVE!! She is PRO WLS and she takes the time with you and is never rushed. Her staff are great. I've been with her for over 8 years now, and even though I live in Glendale, I still go to her because I know she ROCKS! Her phone number is 602 224 9218.
beth0603
on 4/13/05 5:00 am - Chandler, AZ
Trisha- What is the name of your PCP ? I'm looking for one too and thought I would see if she is on my insurance. Thanks Beth
Michele M.
on 4/12/05 3:51 pm - Phoenix, AZ
RNY on 07/21/04 with
Thank you both, I will check and see if they are in-network with my insurance. Thanks again! Michele
cynthia E.
on 4/14/05 5:58 am - buckeye, AZ
Michele; Not sure what doctor you saw out there but I used to see Dr. Daniel Macload. He has an office in Buckeye and Goodyear. He was the doctor that orginally told me about the surgery. I haven't seen him in 2 years. I live in Buckeye but I work in Tempe. I chose a PCP close to work. Dr. Alcantar has several patients that have had gastric bypass and he went leaps for me pre-surgery. I know for sure try to stay away from the West valley hospital. They don't know crap about our surgery and they got terrible ratings. When I had my gallbladder attack the told me that they couldn't help me because I had WLS. Has the pool opened in Buckeye yet? Hope this helps, Cynthia
beth0603
on 4/19/05 9:29 am - Chandler, AZ
Cynthia, Regarding Dr Alcantars office: I am so upset with them!! I have recently started seeing DR Alcantar and have had NUMEROUS problems with their office staff. I've only been there twice. At my last appt i requested an rx (prevacid), a referral to a bariatric surgeon, and a letter of medical necessity. I called 2 weeks after the appt and they informed me that NOTHING had been done because my file had been "misplaced"!! I was so furious!! NOt even my rx was called in! Well after going back and forth numerous times i got 2 out of the 3 done. The office manager never even apologized for all of this! Oh and she first tried to tell me that their office does not do letters of medical necessity that the dr was incorrect. They just do the referral and the bariatric surgeon does the letter. After much arguing this letter was supposedly completed for me but I have not seen it and neither has the bariatric surgeon they claim they have faxed it to. So I went today to get a copy of the letter and my file. After filling out the release they informed me that I wouldn't be receiving my info today! That they have 30 days to give me a copy of my file!! I am so frustrated and done with this place. I love the dr but its really not worth it to put up with the staff's incompetence. So i plan on switching to another PCP ASAP Is is just me that they are this way to? Is there anyone specific in the office that you think I should speak to ? I dont know how they can keep patients if they do this to everyone! Beth
Wendella
on 4/29/05 8:34 am - Mesa, AZ
I live in Mesa/Gilbert and have a GREAT Dr. office. It is on Baseline and Valvista. It is Lake View Family Practice. I see Doc. Schreder and the rest of my family sees Dr. Frye. It ended up that way due to when they had open appointments in the beginning. I love both of them. The staff is great too. If you want the # e-mail me I would be happy to share! Good Luck!
Most Active