Moving to AZ

mrs.3m
on 4/10/05 12:04 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi All, I just wanted to introduce myself since my husband and I are moving to AZ this summer. We will be in the Chandler/Gilbert area. I had WLS in Nov 04 and am about 75 lbs down. Woo-Hoo!! I usually am a lurker but will post with questions or to support others. My first question is support groups. Where do you go? How often are they? Are they open to anyone? Thanks in advance. Mel
Trisha
on 4/10/05 1:36 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi, Mel!! Moving to the Valley of the Sun in the summer - good luck!! I moved here in May several years ago just before it got hot-hot. Just remember, it's hot and horrible for just a few months here and then it's paradise the rest of the year!! Congrats on being 75 lbs down! That is awesome!! Yay!! There is a Chandler WLS support group that you can join online and connect with others and they meet in Chandler twice a month. h**p://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Chandler_WLSSupport/ (replace the ** with tt - if I put address on here post might get pulled. Congrats on your move to Arizona soon!! You are going to love it here! I do! Have a great week, and welcome aBOARD!
Laura B.
on 4/10/05 1:53 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Welcome to my neck of the woods! I live in Gilbert/Chandler and love it. I do attend the twice monthly Chandler support group and I enjoy going. My doctor is Dr. Fang, he is located at St. Lukes Phoenix hospital, neat guy. My surgery is scheduled for the 20th of this month. Congrats on the weight loss! Once you get moved out here you should come join our support group, there are people thinking about the surgery, people waiting for surgery, those just having had surgery and those at goal and their spouses. They usually go out to eat after the session is over. I went with them the first time I was there and it was wonderful seeing them order and watching how they ate gave me hope for the future. I think sometime next month they are doing some type of hike. I probably won't be attending that but it sounds like fun. Keep us posted on your move. Laura
Arizona_Sun
on 4/10/05 11:52 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Welcome Mel - I also go to the Chandler group. Their meetings are the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at Chandler Regional Hospital. If you would like, email me off list and I can give you the address for their yahoo group so that you can start to get to know us. This is a wonderful and supportive group. We usually go out to eat after the meeting and that is strictly voluntary. This group is open to patients from all surgeons and IMO is the best one around. Sandy
Michele M.
on 4/11/05 12:59 am - Phoenix, AZ
RNY on 07/21/04 with
Welcome to AZ Mel I am newcomer as well, just got here in January. So it looks like we will be going through our first AZ summer together! I've lost 98 lbs so far since last July, and have 32 more to go till goal. I'm hoping that the loss of that weight will help me deal with the heat this summer. We moved from Florida, and the summers there were killers for me, I just couldnt handle that humidity! Again, welcome to AZ! Michele
Valerie I.
on 4/11/05 2:44 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Welcome Welcome Welcome in advance to you, Mel!! I hope you'll like it here in the valley of the sun. My name is Valerie and I've not yet had my surgery. I'm hoping for a date in May. I've found the folks on this board to be very helpful and supportive. Looking forward to getting to know you! Valerie in Scottsdale
Christopher3296
on 4/12/05 3:00 am - Mesa, AZ
Hey there, I just moved here to Mesa from the San Diego area in March. So far I love it! I had my surgery in Orange County at Chapman Medical Center. I am native to Orange County, CA. That is so great that you have lost 75 lbs. I have lost 45 lbs since Feb 1, YEAH! I haven't gone to any support groups here, and I know that I should, but I am a little shy and hate to go to new places by myself. It is a wonder I have made any friends here huh! Good Luck on your WL journey, and this is a great board! Laura Christopher
Most Active