Small Problem

Christopher3296
on 4/8/05 2:13 am - Mesa, AZ
Hello, I have a small problem. Yesterday 4/7/05 I swallowed the top part of my tongue ring. (the small little ball part) Since then I have had trouble keeping food down. When I drink water, I make horrible sounds, and I think eventually it goes down, but I get a lot of frothing (Spitting). I talked to my sister (who had this surgery last July) and she said that it is small enough, and that I should just stay on liquids until it passes. I was starting to think that all the throwing up I was doing irritated my pouch, and that is why I am having troubles, but now I am starting to think that it actually got stuck.. I haven't had this problem with liquids ever! Any advice? (I think I am going to call my doctor) Laura C.
Trisha
on 4/8/05 4:11 am - Glendale, AZ
If I were you, I'd call my surgeon ASAP. Better safe than sorry.
Becky F.
on 4/8/05 7:21 am - Chandler, AZ
OMG....call the Dr. It's probably is just like you said, all the throwing up you did irritated your pouch. I never really gave that scenario much thought. I was always scared I would swallow my gum or something but, I am sure this probably happens a lot. Please keep us posted. Becky
Christopher3296
on 4/8/05 11:07 am - Mesa, AZ
Ok, I called my doctor and he told me to go to the ER. I didmand I just got home. They found it! It was covering the opening to my pouch! It feels so good to drink water right now you don't even know!! Thanks for your support. I am no longer wearing my tongue ring, with all of the problems that can go worng, I don't want that to happen again! Hope everyone is having a great Friday! Laura C.
Laura B.
on 4/8/05 2:27 pm - Gilbert, AZ
WOW! All of that because of a small little thing. I am so glad that they were able to locate it. If you don't mind me asking, how did they get it out? Laura B. Any luck on finding something fun to do out here?
Christopher3296
on 4/9/05 3:09 am - Mesa, AZ
Yeah, strange that something that small can cause a BIG problem. They sent me to Endoscopy, and they used a scope with a camera down my throat, and into my esophagus and found it. It was covering up the small hole that lets food into my pouch. I have pictures and everything. They even gave it back to me! (Ewww, don't know what I am supposed to do with it now.) LOL Endoscopy is a pretty normal thing for wls patients. Sometimes the opening to your pouch gets to small, after it is done healing, so they use the scope to go in and then they use a little balloon type thingy to enlarge the hole a few millimeters. They put you into what is called a Twighlight sleep, which means you are awake, but don't really remember anything. I vaguley remember any of it. The drug they give you has an amnesia effect. It is pretty simple. We have found a few things to do out here, and areenjoying life in AZ. Thanks for asking! Laura C.
Most Active