Arizona Folks! WAKE UP!!!

Trisha
on 4/3/05 2:01 pm - Glendale, AZ
I don't know where everyone is, but we need to get this board moving again!! C'mon, everyone, post!!!!! Let us know what is going on with you? It doesn't have to be surgery related. Any topic will do. Let's get posting!
Arizona_Sun
on 4/4/05 1:22 am - Gilbert, AZ
Trisha - do you belong to any of the Yahoo based AZ groups? There are a few of them. There is going to be a spring fling for WLS people on April 30 (in the Chandler area). If you belong to the WLSST group, I believe it has been announced there. I joined Naturally Women health spa (Val Vista and Guadalupe) and have begun my strength building there and will soon begin their water aerobics (bad knee). Today I am not doing any of that as I just had 14 vials of blood taken for my 4 month labs this a.m. and am suffering from allergies, so figured I would take care of me today. I have felt meaner than a junk yard dog the last few days and can only assume it is the allergies messing with my head. I don't have severe allergies like some people so can just imagine what it must be like for them. It is enough for me to avoid driving my motorcycle this weekend. I prefer to have my brain fully functioning for that outing. Soon it will be too hot to drive it. Sandy
Trisha
on 4/4/05 9:27 am - Glendale, AZ
Yes, I just joined the WLSST one and the West Valley one last week. I got the e-mail on the spring fling and will be going! Sounds like a blast! I plan to pay Joyce tomorrow at the St. Luke's support meeting tomorrow. Will you be at the support group tomorrow at St. Luke's? This is my first one. I'm looking forward to it. Wow, you ride a motorcycle? Vrrrrooooooom!!! How fun! I'm a chicken. The closest I've ever gotten to that is riding ATV's in Rocky Point, Mexico. They are a blast! Yep, it's good to have your brain functioning when you ride. I think the other drivers and passengers out there would appreciate it.
Arizona_Sun
on 4/6/05 9:42 am - Gilbert, AZ
Well for some crazy reason I never received your response to my response. My surgery was at Barix so I am not part of the St Luke's crowd. Sometime I may go with Joyce as her support person just to meet the people who do attend. I bought a dress for the Spring Fling today and that was a BIG step for me. It ended up being a bit of a funny thing too. Anyway, now I need to convince my feet to wear the shoes that I want to wear. Otherwise, I need to look for some without any type of heel. I have not worn heels in about 15 years. The Spring Fling will be my first outing with the group too in a social setting. I go to the Chandler meetings as often as possible. They are a wonderful bunch. Sandy
Trisha
on 4/6/05 4:15 pm - Glendale, AZ
I'm way out in Glendale, but am looking forward to the spring fling even though it's in Chandler! (St. Luke's patients support group). I feel so comfortable with the group online and meeting some in person on Tuesday. Support group was awesome! I had fun and learned so much! I look forward to meeting you at the Spring Fling! Joyce is great! She has a definite passion for WLS!
Arizona_Sun
on 4/6/05 11:53 pm - Gilbert, AZ
FYI - the Chandler group is not a St. Luke's only group. We are a group of people from surgeons all over, many are from St Luke's though. Joyce is wonderful!! Sandy
Sandy in Tucson
on 4/6/05 10:14 am - Tucson, AZ
Please tell me about the support group meetings at St. Lukes. When are they? What does it involve? I am very interested. Very interested....I attend the meetings in Tucson faithfully and and I went to the obesityhep.com conference in March that was held in Phx., it was so goooood. TY Sandy in Tucson
Trisha
on 4/6/05 4:18 pm - Glendale, AZ
In order to go the support meetings through St. Luke's you have to go through the ABC classes or have had surgery at St. Luke's. I wasn't able to go to the OH conference in March here in Phoenix but people said it was great. Call Kelly at St. Luke's for support group information: (602) 251-8828.
oldpolly1
on 4/4/05 2:00 am - Gold Canyon, AZ
Trisha- I wanted to let you know that my murder mystery party over the weekend was a great success! All of my friends and family are a little on the crazy side, so they all got into their roles and had a great time!: So, now the week has begun and it's time to get back to work. My son and his wife are here for the week from Michigan, and they are just enjoying relaxing by the pool while we have to slog off to work tonight. I'm so lucky to have a heated pool that I can exercise in. I have been trying to get out and do lots of aerobic stuff almost every day. It cost a bundle to get a heater, and my elec bill went up about $100/mo, but I figure it would cost that much for a gym membership, and this is something I will actually do! Today's chore is to get all my old medical records from the last docs I have seen over the last many years...this should be fun!: Have a good day! Bonnie Oh, Sandy, what are those web sites for yahoo? Is the get together on the 30th only for members of WLSST? I don't even know what this is!!! I feel so green at all of this!
Trisha
on 4/4/05 9:31 am - Glendale, AZ
The support groups are for people who have been through the ABC classes or who have had surgery. You get all the information on them at the "C" class or on teaching day before surgery (Tuesday before surgery). That's where I got my info. Let me find the info and e-mail it to you. Wow, your party sounds like a blast!! I would love to host something like that!! That is just too cool!! That's good that your family/friends got totally into it. That helps!! Also cool you have a heated pool. Wow!! That's great!!
Most Active