Exercise

Trisha
on 4/2/05 12:56 pm - Glendale, AZ
When I was in the hospital, I was doing laps around the hallways so much! Even in the middle of the night. When I got home it took me a couple days to get back in the routine of walking again. Then this past week I have not exercised at all - besides cleaning house and stuff like that. I know I need to exercise. Ugh!! I just need to do it. I keep thinking - TOMORROW WILL BE THE DAY. But tomorrow comes and goes - like now, it's almost 10pm. So I plan to exercise tomorrow. I'm afraid I'm going to lose all this weight and have no tone to my body and my skin is going to sag. I think it'll do it anyway, but I want to do what I can to prevent it. I'm between jobs right now so I can't join a gym. I basically walk my dog or do exercise DVD's I have. What kind of exercise have you been doing lately?
tres35cowgirl8
on 4/2/05 4:07 pm - * _ *, AZ
swimming is good one 357/295/?
Trisha
on 4/3/05 1:58 pm - Glendale, AZ
Teresa! Congrats on getting under 300! WOW!!! How exciting!!!!
lemarie22
on 4/2/05 10:21 pm - Glendale, AZ
Trisha, I can't begin to stress enough how important exercise is going to be. The first few months you'll lose weight no matter what you do, but after your honeymoon is over, it's all hard work. At one year out, I'm on the same playing field as people who did not have surgery. I have to depend on the good eating habits that I learned and my exercise routine. Get a calendar and start documenting your exercise. I mean a wall calendar that is visible and accessable. Mark the days that you exercise with a red pen so you can easily see your progress. You just have to do it until it becomes habit. I certainly have days when I'm tired and just don't want to move. I give myself permission to take the day off and the next thing I know, I'm in the truck and on the way to the gym. It's become such a routine that it's harder for me to not go than go. Walking is the best thing you can be doing right now. Swimming is great too if you have a pool available. Good luck and let us know how your exercise goes today. Connie
Trisha
on 4/3/05 1:58 pm - Glendale, AZ
Thanks, Connie! Good idea about the calendar thing. I will start doing that. I wish I had a pool! But I live near a waterpark and will get a season pass for there this summer. I LOVE doing water aerobics!!
Valerie I.
on 4/5/05 4:35 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Connie ! Good advice on the exercise. I hope to have my surgery in May with Dr Fang. And I've been going to the classes and such. And I hear so often how important it is to exercise. We just bought an elliptical trainer for the house. And I can do 5 minutes on it. So I'm trying to get in the habit of exercising now before surgery. Thanks for the reality check!! Valerie in Scottsdale
tres35cowgirl8
on 4/3/05 4:23 pm - * _ *, AZ
Thanks Trisha, Never thought I would be under 300 again. weight loss is slow but steady since I am back on thyroid meds. this week maybe slow the monthly thing is back
Most Active