I WALKED!!!!

Terri M.
on 3/31/05 9:01 am - Pinedale, AZ
Hey everyone, guess what? I took 4 steps today without the aie of my crutches or my walker. WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!Because of my spinal disease (H.S.P.) I have not been able to walk without the aide of some kind of walking device for 10 years. I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!! I want to shout from the roof tops!!
sandust1
on 3/31/05 12:25 pm - Glendale, AZ
Way to go Terri, that is sooooo exciting!!!!! Here's a happy dance for you!!!
Trisha
on 3/31/05 12:27 pm - Glendale, AZ
Congratulations!!!!! How exciting!! WOW!!! That is awesome!!
Stephanie J.
on 3/31/05 1:13 pm - Tucson, AZ
WOW! You go!!!! I always tell people that having this surgery was like getting my life given back to me on a silver platter. Now that you can walk, do lots of it. Take more and more steps each day until you're walking a mile or two - or even three! It will keep you healthy and really speeds the weight loss. It took me a few months to get it going, but I've cultivated a couple of walking buddy relationships that are wonderful. It's the greatest motivation to know that someone is going to come knocking on my door ready to walk around Reid Park every Wednesday night. We go like clockwork. If you still can't walk much because of the spinal disease, try some water activities (maybe aerobics or swimming laps or water walking). They're great ways to get a good workout without stressing joints. You'll be amazed at how good you feel after you've incorporated excercise into your daily routine. Congratulations again! - Stephanie J
oldpolly1
on 4/1/05 12:46 pm - Gold Canyon, AZ
Terri- I can't imagine how thrilled you must be! Keep up the good work! I'm assuming that the weight loss has something to do with it, not lugging around all those extra pounds...
Most Active