How you doin'? (Joey Tribianni)

Trisha
on 3/30/05 2:29 pm - Glendale, AZ
How's everyone doing? What's going on this week? I have not exercised at all this week. The first 2-3 weeks post-op, I was full of energy and bouncing off the walls . But this week I have been dead lazy. I think it's because I've had some issues with soft/pureed foods. What's fine one day, isn't fine the next and it's messing my system up. It's not healthy to throw up 5 days in a row. Even though the episode only lasts for a couple minutes and I'm fine, it's still not good for my sytsem. That's what caused my potassium level to be low. Still trying to increase that. I'm not a fast eater, but I think I need to slow down eating even more. I found myself eating the next bite before the bite in my mouth has been swallowed sometimes. I also need to sit at the kitchen table to eat instead of eating while online or watching tv or standing in the kitchen more. I'm single, so it's not like I sit down and eat with my family. It's just me and it's kind of boring sitting at a table eating alone. But I need to do it. For the most part I'm doing okay, but really need to up my protein. I only had 30g today and it's recommended I have 70-100g a day. Ugh! It's so much work!
lemarie22
on 3/30/05 10:04 pm - Glendale, AZ
Trisha, I'm a graduate of the Blackstone School of Mindful Eating. She had us sit with no distractions (no TV, no computer, no book) and really focus on what we were eating, how it felt and learn to listen to our bodies. A meal is an event. This was really improtant in the beginning because it taught me to really chew, when I was full and to pay attention to what my body was telling me. It made me slow down. When I was on soft foods, I urped something that didn't agree with me and it caused some irritation and swelling in the pouch. I was advised to go back to liquids for a day until it calmed down. That worked like a charm. I'm a year out and I still have days when I forget and bolt food while trying to multi-task and it will make the tummy sensitive for a couple of days. When I do that, I ease up for a day or two, stick to soups or something easily digestible for a meal or two and I'm fine. Connie
Randi D.
on 3/30/05 11:14 pm - Peoria, AZ
Trisha, I remember going through that even with soup. I enjoy eating cottage cheese with equal in it. When you get on regular foods, you'll be able to eat protein bars. They have been a lifesaver for me. I purchased the Magic Bullet and will be making tuna and egg salad to bring to work. I can't wait until I can eat steak. I have been missing it. Randi
Trisha
on 3/31/05 12:36 pm - Glendale, AZ
Where did you get your Magic Bullet? The one on TV is too pricey and Walmart doesn't sell anything like it. Shar's here in Phoenix sells for $45 (called "insta-blend" - same thing). Would like to find one around $20 if I can. Oh man, I miss steak too. I could be wrong, but there seems to be a LOT of Outback Steakhouse commercials on since my surgery. That meat looks sooooo good!
sandust1
on 3/31/05 12:42 pm - Glendale, AZ
Now, Now Trisha You'll be able to have steak soon enough.
sandust1
on 3/31/05 12:43 pm - Glendale, AZ
What's a Magic Bullet?
Stephanie J.
on 3/31/05 1:22 pm - Tucson, AZ
Steak is the one thing I still can't eat - even after almost a year! Just won't stay down unless it's the tenderest cut marinated to death and cooked to mush. And by that time, it just doesn't seem like steak anymore. I hopw better for you. I still miss it too. - Stephanie J
Most Active