My date is April 21

Susan S.
on 3/29/05 11:54 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hello everyone - I have my surgery on April 21 through Dr. Blackstone's office and was wondering if anyone else will be at Scottsdale Healthcare Shea around that date. I am so excited, but scared at the same time. I still can't believe it! I have my sleep study on Thursday night in Mesa and my pre-op class next Wednesday, then I'm good to go.
Laura B.
on 3/29/05 12:24 pm - Gilbert, AZ
That's fantastic! Way to go Susan. I'm not going through Dr. Blackstone's program so I probably won't be near the Scottsdale Healthcare area. I just read your profile, wanted to make sure you weren't going through this alone, glad you have a wonderful husband. Being a wife and mom myself I can only imagine the mixed emotions you must be feeling. Please keep us posted, can't wait to hear how your sleep study goes. I think I actually slept better there than in my own bed! Laura B. Hoping to have Surgery in the month of April
Trisha
on 3/29/05 10:28 pm - Glendale, AZ
OMG! That's like 3 weeks away!! Yay!! Believe me, your surgery date will be here before you know it. First it seems so far away and then its....here! Don't be scared! Be excited! There'll be other WLS post-ops on the same floor as you so when you are up walking around - which will be A LOT, you can say hi, and see how each other are doing. Congrats on the date!! Plus you have a great surgeon. I've heard nothing but good things about Dr. Blackstone and her staff.
Gabrielle
on 3/30/05 12:56 am - Chester, VA
Congratulations! I am also a patient at Scottsdale Bariatrics, but my surgery isn't scheduled yet. I have to lose a few more pounds before I can send in my appeal to United HealthCare - my plan requires a 10% loss to "show commitment." I'm just curious, when did you get your date? I'm wondering how far out they are scheduling, so I'll have some idea of when mine will be once I am approved. By the way, the day I did my psych test and initial consult, I walked over to the hospital and found the Bariatric rooms. The nurses were really nice, the rooms were nice, I even talked to another patient for a half an hour - she couldn't say enough about how happy she was with everything, and she had complications! Best of luck to you!
Trisha
on 3/30/05 1:54 pm - Glendale, AZ
LOL I did the same thing when I went to the WLS seminar at St. Luke's. I went up to 6th floor and looked around. No one seemed to be complaining or screaming for help. That's cool that you talked with a patient. Glad she had a good experience. whew!
Susan S.
on 4/2/05 6:34 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hey Gabrielle - Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.... I've been fighting a cold. I was told in early March about my surgery date and it's been fast approaching ever sense. Good luck with your approval! I'll have my fingers crossed. Susan
Most Active