Newbe Here

Terri M.
on 3/27/05 2:43 am - Pinedale, AZ
Hi everyone, I am new to this message board and very excited about finding people closer to my area. I live in Pinedale about 15 miles from Show Low. I had the Lap-Band surgery on November 19,2004 with Dr. Robert Berger in Flagstaff. I am down about 43lbs and counting. A little about myself, I'm 41, divorced(happy dance), no children except for the 27 3 and 4yr olds in my classroom. I am a preschool teacher and have been for 23 years. I only work part time now because I was diagnosed with Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia (spinal disorder). I walk with crutches or a walker and I am in hopes that my weight loss will help me with this disease. It can never be cured but I can become more moble. I hope everyone has a Happy Easter or just a Happy Sunday! Terri
Trisha
on 3/27/05 2:54 am - Glendale, AZ
Welcome, aBOARD, Terri!! We are glad you are here! Congrats on your 43 lbs loss so far!! That is awesome! Weight loss will definitely help you move around better, along with a positive attitude!! You've come a long way so far! Keep up the good work! Post often!
rron999
on 3/27/05 4:57 am - Victorville, CA
Welcome Terri, you are doing great.. keep up the good work..If you find yourself struggling....just pray amd god will answer you....ron in Yuma az not to far from pinedale..lol..lol
Laura B.
on 3/27/05 11:52 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Hi and welcome Terri!! I live down in Gilbert but I think I've been up in your neck of the woods before. We like to go camping up north during the summer, during the winter we head down to Mexico a lot. Great job on your weight lose, keep up the good work! I too use to work at a preschool, everything from 6 week olds to school age. I'll have to admit that it was the 2 year olds that stole my heart, they are so loving and so excited when they learn something new, I kinda miss it. I also thought that I would grow up to be a teacher to a class room of young ones but fate took a little detour so now I guess you could say, I'm a teacher to adults. I work at our banks technical help desk so I get to walk users through fixing various pieces of equipment. Love what I do, and it doesn't pay half bad either. Hop hop hoppin that you enjoyed your Easter weekend. It's a new day, the sun is out and all is looking like the start to a very wonderful week. Laura B. Surgery date - maybe this April
Most Active