No loss in 2 days

Trisha
on 3/20/05 5:15 am - Glendale, AZ
Okay, I KNOW I'm not supposed to be weighing myself daily, but how can you not so fresh out of post-op? Well, I lost 23 lbs in 10 days but now have stayed the same for 2 days. (I'm 12 days post-op) Thing is, normally I wouldn't freak out, but I've been upping my protein and calcium intake through shakes/drinks and have upped my calories through that per the dieticians advice. Went from an avg of 300-400 cals post-op to 600-700 calories. Now that I've done that, I've STOPPED losing. Maybe my body is in SHOCK that I've lost 23 lbs and is keeping still now to figure out what's going on and then I'll start losing again. Did anyone else have a good weightloss initially and then it just BOOOM stopped for a bit????? I wasn't expecting a stall this early! I know it's just been two days. LOL
Kim R.
on 3/20/05 9:16 am - Peoria, AZ
It is VERY common to have no weight loss your 3rd or 4th week. I did. Your body does go into shock around this time and is trying to hold on to the fat. Don't worry, keep following your program and I assure you, you will continue to drop the weight. Good luck! Kim R/az
Marilyn C.
on 3/21/05 12:02 am - Bullhead City, AZ
Trisha, You are still very new at this. Yes, our body well go through several adjustments oer time. & yes, there will be days you don't lose. Don['t panic, You will continue to lose. Drink lots of water, at least 64 oz's a day. If you still can't get that much down, just try drinking as often as you can & it will help that weight keep coming off. Are you doing any exercising? Start walking if you are not, its the best & easiest at first. Hang in There, Your doing great!! Marilyn, the Bearlady, Oh, by the way! I am bearlady as I collect & have over a 100 bears at this point in time.
AZNanabear
on 3/21/05 6:26 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
Trisha, Congratulations on your weightloss so far..... you are doing fantastic... and yes, it is very normal to go without losing... even early on.... and as your journey continues... don't panic when you will even see a gain of a couple of pounds.... That is ok too.... everyone's body will do crazy things.... after all we have messed with "Mother Nature" and our body is programed to protect us... from ourselves.... I am just over a year out from surgery... and have just this past week broken a 2 month plateau.... and that was beginning to be tramatic for me.... so I do understand feeling desparate when the scales do not move.... (I still get on the scales EVERY morning).... You just keep on following the advise of your Dr. and dietician and trust the program.... and keep a good support group around you.... we all need each other.... no matter what stage we are at.... this is a lifetime journey.... and we do it one day at a time.... one bite at a time, and one pound at a time.... Have you written down your measurements?? That is another way to track your success..... sometimes we lose inches even when we are not losing weight..... Keep up the good work.. You are doing just fine.... and remember not to compare your rate of loss with someone else.... just appreciate each pound as is goes away and everytime you can do something you couldn't do before, or breath a little better, or move a little easier.... Smiles, Sharon in Southern AZ....
joyful516
on 3/21/05 7:14 am - Gilbert, AZ
That is exactly why I do not weigh but once a week. Even still now at 6 months out. I always loose every week, so it is positive and I don't worry about the day to day because it is really irrelevant. Your body is going through so many changes, it occasionally has to take a deep breath before it moves on. Just relax and do what you know it right, it won't fail.
Most Active