How did you decide?

Brandy H
on 3/16/05 4:33 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi everyone. Can you pease tell me how you came to decide on which kind of surgery you wanted to have vs. what kind of surgery your surgeon decides you need. When do you find out this information? During the consult? Thanks in advance to any responses.
turkeybird
on 3/16/05 7:03 am - AZ
Hello Brandy. I have done a lot of research and from what I have seen I made my decision. I have over 200 pounds I want to lose so I figured for the best results to have the Rny. At my consult with the surgeon he asked me if I had decided on a type of surgery. When I told him my decision he told me he thought that was a good idea since I did have a lot to lose. Your surgeon will probbley be able to help you with the decision as well. Good luck on your journey. Brenda
Cat P.
on 3/16/05 9:25 am - Phoenix, AZ
I went in wanting the band, but the doctors office took one look at my then weight (290) and where I should ideally be (150) and said I needed an RNY. Took me about four months to get used to the idea, but the surgery was easy and if I could only eat meat I'd be happy (11 weeks post op) -42 lbs.
Trisha
on 3/16/05 2:21 pm - Glendale, AZ
I decided on GBS/RNY laproscopic because I felt it was the most effective, long lasting tool for long term weight loss. It was also the only kind of weight loss surgery my insurance covers. ~~~~~~~~ Trisha RNY - 3/8/05 14 lbs lost so far
Most Active