Looking for Dietician/Nutritionist

ems1211
on 3/13/05 11:49 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I am going through all of the steps to have my surgery. Hopefully by June or July. I am having a hard time finding a Nutritionist/Dietician. My insurance (Aetna) states I need to be under supervision for 3 months (so time is very important). They don't pay for it, so they can give me no information. Does anyone know of one? I live in NW Phoenix, so I'd really like someone up here. Thanks much.
Trisha
on 3/14/05 1:46 pm - Glendale, AZ
Jenel Day works out of St. Luke's Hospital in Phoenix - 602-251-8828 e-mail address [email protected]. She's awesome!!!
cynthia E.
on 3/17/05 4:19 am - buckeye, AZ
Hi Susan; I had my surgery at St. Lukes. My insurance is Greatwest. The way it was explained to me is if the Surgeon has a Dietician/Nutr. on staff and they bill there portion correctly. The insurance will pay for it. I Didn't see the Dietician at St. Lukes. I went to the one at Mayo Clinic. They billed under Gastri bypass pre-opt. The insurance paid and Dr. Juarez was satisfied. Hope this helps some. Good luck! Cynthia
ems1211
on 3/17/05 6:38 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Cynthia: I have made an appointment for Tuesday with Mary Simmons at St. Luke's. She said she's seen other of his patients. She'll then just give him (Dr. Zahn) the info. She said I'd only need to see her once, but I am so afraid that the ins (Aetna) will find something to hold up surgery, so I asked her to see me at least once a month. She agreed. I saw on your profile that you had you surgery in November. How are you doing? What have your results been (the good & the bad)? Susan
Most Active