Gross! Aria Protein Mix!

Trisha
on 3/12/05 3:36 am - Glendale, AZ
OMG! I tried my first protein mix just a few mins ago and it was so disgusting. The brand is Aria, I bought it at Walmart, it's a soy/whey/protein mix thing, chocolate flavor. The instructions said to mix TWO scoops with a 1/3 cup of milk, water, yogurt, etc. I thought that kind of seemed like an odd mix ratio, but I did it and I tasted it and it was DISGUSTING!! I spit it out. That's $10 down the drain. I'm contemplating throwing the cannister away. What can I do with it? Also, any recommendations on GOOD protein drinks/powders out there that don't cost an arm and a leg? OMG! It was so disgusting!!
Randi D.
on 3/12/05 8:43 am - Peoria, AZ
Trisha, I know how that goes. I drink Isopure and Nector Carribean Cooler. The Nector I got from BariatricEating.com. The woman who runs the outfit is very nice. She will often give you samples so you try before you by. The Carribean Cooler tastes like a pina colada. The only drawback to these protein drinks is that they leave your mouth so dry. Good luck, Randi PS--There is also Unjury powder. It's tasteless and you can put it in anything.
teddybearlve
on 3/12/05 10:50 am - Az
Trish, Return it to Wal-Mart for sure get your money back!! They take it and why should you waste your money. Good Luck
Stephanie J.
on 3/15/05 1:45 pm - Tucson, AZ
You can also buy samples from vitalady.com for a couple bucks a piece. It's worth it to find out what you like. If you're looking to go cheap, you can fortify regular milk with powdered milk and add a little artificial sweetener or flavored extract like vanilla or fortify it with Carnation instant breakfast. I like the Nectar Fuzzy Navel and can gut down the Nectar Roadside Lemonade. Nectar products are good for one reason. They're thin. You can mix them with a minimum of water and get it down without wasting all day when you can only do a sip or two at a time. If you get the Nectar, do not mix it in a blender or shake it. Mix it with a little room temperature water by stirring with a fork. Then add plenty of ice. The roadside lemonade can be added to unsweetened tea for a change of pace also. I also don't think the Walmart mixes are particularly low cal. Especially after adding the milk, you may have yourself a big surplus of calories. Try to keep your whole protein drink under a hundred calories and start counting every calorie that goes in your body. It's a pain in the butt at first, but will really pay off as you get a year or so out and past the honeymoon phase. - Stephanie J
Christopher3296
on 3/16/05 5:57 am - Mesa, AZ
UNJURY UNJURY UNJURY... The unjury protein powder is GREAT! I use it in orange juice, and almost any juice! You can't taste it at all... It is great! Hope this helps, go to unjury.com Laura Christopher
cynthia E.
on 3/17/05 4:26 am - buckeye, AZ
haven't tried that one but maybe you can use 8oz of milk. That will dilute a little. Maybe add some vanilla. I buy the GNC Soy protein mix. It is unflavored and you get 26 grams of protein in one shake. When I first started, I would use 2 small scoops of protein powder (26 grams), 8 oz milk (8 grams), 1/3 cup powered milk (8 grams), & 1 cap of vanilla. Mix it up and add ice. This will give you 42 grams of protein and doesn't taste bad. Now 4 months post op I add fruit and it is great. I only pay $12.99 per container. Hope this helps. Cynthia
Christine In AZ
on 3/17/05 11:17 am - Way Down South in AZ
Try Carb Countdown chocolate milk. Decent amount of protein, and darn tasty! I've found it at WalMart and Basha's. I think it's about $3 for 1/2 gallon. Best if thinned a bit with fat free "real" milk. Good luck.
Most Active