way to thin and scared

Loretta R.
on 3/4/05 3:50 am - Phoenix, AZ
i am 16 mo post op and am about 30 lbs underweight. i am struggling with staying hydrated and getting enough protien. i have had my stoma stretched twice and my bones are sticking out all over my body. (I developed an ulcer wich i am taking care of now. I am scared i am eating alot more than ever, but I am not gaining any weight. what have any one of you heard, should I do?
Stephanie J.
on 3/4/05 3:11 pm - Tucson, AZ
Wow. I'm sure stumped. If you're eating a lot, but still losing weight, that's pretty weird! You need to speak with your bariatric surgeon. If you are dangerously underweight - and it sounds like you are - he or she might actually consider putting a feeding tube in so that you can get enough nutrition. Let us know what you find out. - Stephanie J
Loretta R.
on 3/7/05 1:59 pm - Phoenix, AZ
thanks stephany, I will be seeing my surgion sooon I will post then.
Trisha
on 3/6/05 10:59 am - Glendale, AZ
Seek medical advice.
Loretta R.
on 3/7/05 1:57 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Yes, Trisha, I am going to call my surgion tomorrow and insist on something getting done. I will post after I visit with him. thanks for your input.
Rosalie S.
on 3/24/05 3:53 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Loretta, how are you? Did you see your doc? Pray you are alright. My son didn't want me to have this surgery done. If he knew about you, he would freak. Hope your doing better.
Most Active