Pre-Op Tests Tomorrow!

Trisha
on 3/1/05 1:42 pm - Glendale, AZ
I'm so excited! Today was "teaching day" at St. Luke's hospital in Phoenix - basically stuff they've already taught us - walking, getting out of bed, what to eat/drink, what not to eat/drink, emotional issues, etc. Tomorrow is my pre-op tests!! YAY!! I'm so excited! Granted, I can't eat after midnight tonight and my tests aren't until Noon tomorrow and tests take about 3-5 hours, so I won't eat all day tomorrow until 5pm. My gosh, I'll be starving and dying. LOL Whatever will I do??? Soon, food will no longer be the focus of my concerns. My surgery is a week from today. Oh happy day!
Tracy H.
on 3/2/05 1:09 pm - Peoria, AZ
Congratulations! I know you must be thrilled about your surgery date. I also attended the teaching day on March 1, 2005 and I also have my surgery on March 8, 2005. My post-op testing was over a week ago so I guess our schedules are not exactly the same. I'll see you in the halls of the 6th floor on March 8! Best of luck to you!
Lyn G.
on 3/2/05 11:51 pm - Surprise, AZ
Hi, Trisha! I wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you. I remember the week before my surgery as just about the hardest part of the whole deal...I'm never very good at waiting, and that week of nothing but waiting really got to me. I wasn't scared at all -- I was just so ready to GET ON WITH IT. I got so that it was like all my little nerve endings were sticking out all over everywhere. Yikes! And I certainly didn't want to talk about it -- I had already done all the talking I wanted to do. I wanted it over and done with, and I wanted to be busy getting better. Maybe this isn't at all the way you are feeling this week, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case. Anyway, I wish you the very, very best, woman. You are already started on the adventure of your life. Do great! Lyn (from Surprise, AZ) Almost 15 months post-op
Most Active