Looking for support group in Tucson

Suzette C.
on 2/13/05 9:34 pm - Tucson, AZ
I am looking for a support group in Tucson. I went last week for my psych eval and she said I need behavior modification....my Ins will not pay for it if its related to obesity. I thought maybe some Nutrition counseling and support would be much help. If you know of any, please let me know!! Thanks so much! Suzette
Stephanie J.
on 2/14/05 1:54 pm - Tucson, AZ
Go get a different person to evaluate you. Saying you need behavior modification is a roadblock perpetuated by ignorant therapists that don't understand the failure rate of traditional diets and how well wls surgery itself solves those problems. There are a couple of pretty well known wls friendly psychologists in Tucson. One, I believe, is Miki Paul. You may have to pay out of pocket to see her if your insurance doesn't cover, but at least you'll get counter ammunition that you're not crazy, just fat. The Tucson wls group is located at health.groups.yahoo.com/group/TUSWLS/?yguid=146002632 (just add the www. at the beginning). Group info, including meeting dates, are on the home page. - Stephanie J
Most Active