Aetna Appeals Process

Trisha
on 2/11/05 2:25 pm - Glendale, AZ
Well, Aetna has the most confusing appeal process When I got my denial in the mail a couple weeks ago, it had a PO Box in KY to mail my appeal to and a number to call to state you want to appeal. So I mail my appeal, and call the number to appeal. I get a voice mail so I leave a message with my info. Then I get this thick envelope in the mail yesterday with ANOTHER address, this time in CA to mail my appeal to and it has an actual official Appeal Form to complete. Why wasn't this official Appeal form mailed with my denial 2 weeks ago? So confusing. So Aetna in KY and Aetna in CA have my medical records and appeals and I also faxed it to three different Aetna offices from fax numbers I got off the denial and appeal info letters. So hopefully one of those offices is the right place and someone somewhere has my info that can help me. I started the appeal process in mid-January and I'm still at square one. I keep sending the same copies of stuff out and then info comes in that I need to send it somewhere else. One copy I even overnighted to CA had someone from the mailroom call me and ask who it needs to go to because the "Medical Resolution Team" consists of hundreds of people. I'm like I don't know. Anyway, it's quite frustrating, but I'm trusting God. Otherwise I'd go crazy. Well, that's my update for now. How is everyone else doing? Trisha in Glendale
Most Active