Dr. Information....Good & Bad

Trisha
on 1/24/05 1:53 pm - Glendale, AZ
Thsi is a great place to do research on doctors and to read patient's comments on surgeons. Explore this site to its ultimate potential! I'm pre-op, but the best advice I've heard to reduce post-op complications is to follow dr's orders to a tee! Don't advance on the eating stages (clear, cloudy, puree, real food, etc.), walk often throughout the day (to prevent blood clots) and do everything the dr says to do. Congrats on your new addition! Don't worry about complications or what CAN go wrong. Focus on the positive! Trisha in Glendale!
Debra B.
on 1/30/05 12:00 am - Laveen, AZ
I was also like you, I didn't have my co-morbitites and I weighted 351 when I went in for my surgery on January 24, 2005 with Dr. Blackstone. So far I have not had any complications. The only reason that I went with Dr. Blackstone is because she is the only Dr. my insurance (Cigna) will pay for. She and her staff are great and she is and excellent surgeon. But from where I live it's over an 1 1/2 drive. My advice is to first look to see who your insurance will cover, then go to as many different seminars as you can. I was going to go with the Wish Center in Tempe until my insurance changed. The doctors there seemed really great. I've been to seminars with Dr. Newhoff also, I also worked in one of the hospitals OR's and was able to observe him operate. He seems very competent. Good luck on your research.
Most Active