Lap-Band

yoyomama
on 1/13/05 12:45 am - Ft.Thomas, AZ
If anyone has had the AGB, I'd appreciate hearing your story.
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/05 9:01 am - phoenix, AZ
i had it done 3 years ago by juarez @stlukes and had huge success chris
Ivonne V.
on 1/15/05 1:34 am - Tampa, Fl
I had it done 6 month ago and I am lovingit.If I had to do it all over again I would. This is the best AID for my WLS
yoyomama
on 1/15/05 2:04 am - Ft.Thomas, AZ
Thanks Ivonne. I have been told that I may not be a good candidate for agb because I am not in the habit of eating big meals. Heck, I've been on a diet since I was 10! Ain't no such thing as a big meal in my life, yet I can't lose and keep it off. Do you think the agb wouldn't work for me? My middle name is Yvonne.
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/05 10:27 pm - phoenix, AZ
in my situation jauarez didnt want to do it as i was too heavy for it as i toped out @ 460+ but i pushed for it and got it>>>>??? but the thing is @ the time thier was little info for post op diet plans so i followed r.n.y,s plan and hit goal month 16 post.but here was the key for me?????? i followed weight wachers post op as many bands do and had huge success,BUT THIS IS A TOOL LIKE A 12 STEP PROGRAM IS TO DRINKERS,,IT YOU DONT USE IT CORRECTLY YOU CAN FAIL.as in all surgerys.thier is a wonderfull site for lapband forums..spotlighthealth.com. chris
yoyomama
on 1/17/05 9:42 am - Ft.Thomas, AZ
Thanks, Chris. I will look it up. I plan on attending a seminar at Scottsdale Bariatric on Feb.6.
Ivonne V.
on 1/18/05 1:45 am - Tampa, Fl
I think that this decision is one of the most personal dictions that you have to make. I went to Dr. Juarez about 2 years ago and he did not want to do the Lap because according to him I was to fat and that the permanent surgery was going to be the best for me. I waited for him to see me for 3 month then the day of the appointment I had to wait for over one hour for him to see me. Once he saw me I was with him less than five minutes before he told me that the Lap was not a good thing for me. The more I researched and thought about it the less I believe that the YRN is the best surgery for me. Psychologically I could not get over the idea that after the surgery I was never going to digest the way my body was intended to. Also I like choices with the band I can have it take it off if someday I want it to I could reversed it with very little or non complications. The permanent surgery it is too permanent for me and the risks are higher. The band for me is an every day tool that helps me with my weight loss and stay healthy. I do work out at least 4 times a week and deal with emotional hunger every day. So I believe that only you can make the big decision and live with it.
Ivonne V.
on 1/27/05 3:35 am - Tampa, Fl
As I said to you before this decision is one of the most personal dictions that you have to make. I do not know what you mean about small meals, I do eat small meals. but I have to chose good small meals because I do not have the luxury to eat all my vitamins that my body needs in one day If I do not eat well. I hope this helps
Most Active