support group in yuma arizona

rron999
on 1/11/05 6:41 am - Victorville, CA
how can i start a support group in yuma arizona??
Stephanie J.
on 1/11/05 3:26 pm - Tucson, AZ
There you go. You've already got an interested party! I would first set up a message board (yahoo groups is a good place to set one up), and then decide on a time and place for once a month meeting dates. Starting out, it could even be at your house. I would then advertize through the doctors in Phoenix, where many Yumans still go to have their surgeries, that you exist. Also, if anyone does the surgery locally, let them know. Oh....There are also lots of people who go to "Good Samaritan" hospital in San Diego to have their surgeries, so I would put the word out to that group of doctors as well. I guarantee you that within a couple of months of getting the word out, you'll have at least 10 or 20 people in your support group. Yuma is definitely an unserved community and it would be wonderful for many if you would get something going. If you do get a web site and or a group set up, please let me know and I'll add it to my list of AZ support groups and put it out here for newbies every month or so. Good luck. - Stephanie J
Most Active