THIS WEEKEND PHOENIX EVENT !

B. McCoy
on 1/13/05 5:55 am - Columbus, OH
Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones! This past year ObesityHelp, Inc., has been traveling throughout the United States meeting our members in person and offering support and educational resources. It has been a successful and amazing year! Guess what? We are headed your way! Our "Making the Journey Together 2005" tour will begin on February 26th, 2005 in the Phoenix, Arizona area.Motivational speakers, bariatric surgeons, nutrition experts and many more supportive and insightful people will be in attendance. We hope you will be there too! Here is what our members have to say about our past events: "I had such a remarkable time in Arlington. Here's a BIG thanks to everybody that had a hand in planning such a wonderful event. It was fabulous to meet and visit with people who have been & are in your own shoes." "I truly immersed myself in the experience and I came home feeling a renewed sense of faith in myself and in others. Thank you for returning to me the love and the compassion that I hope I brought to each of you." "I must say that I really grew as a person at this convention and my hubby finally got it." "I would like to thank everyone I met. I have never felt so welcome in such a crowd. I felt at home. You all are a great family to have and I am glad to be a part of your family." If all of the praise above is not enough to convince you to join, we are also offering a few special incentives at this event that we hope you will enjoy. If you are pre-op and you join us at this event, you will receive a special gift just for coming! If you are post-op and you bring someone who is considering having weight-loss surgery, you will also receive a special gift! Below are some of the basic details to help you begin to plan. Event Type: Regional Support Group Meeting Date: February 26, 2005 Time: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Area: Phoenix, Arizona Event Location: Embassy Suites Hotel 2577 W. Greenway Rd. Phoenix, AZ. 85023 1-602-375-4045 Registration Fees: Cost per person $25.00 early reg. Cost After January 1st. $30.00 Cost at the door $35.00 For more information, please visit the following link: http://www.obesityhelpevents.com/obesity+help+events+arizona.htm We hope you will "Make the Journey" and come see us on Feb 26th, You can register for the event here: http://www.obesityhelpevents.com/event-reg-az2005.php If you cannot make this event this year, we will miss you. Whether or not you can attend, please pass the information on to your friends and support group members who may be interested. Again, we hope to see you there! Thank you for being a member of ObesityHelp.com (http://www.ObesityHelp.com). Respectfully, Bo McCoy Outreach and Events Manager [email protected] (mailto:[email protected]) 866-957-4636 ext. 365 Additional contact for events: Monica Ganz PH.D. 866-957-4636 ext. 385
Kim R.
on 1/13/05 6:41 am - Peoria, AZ
Thanks for reposting Bo. Hope we have a good turnout! Kim R/az
sandust1
on 1/22/05 2:09 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Kim, I just signed up to go! See you there! God Bless, Sandy
Stephanie J.
on 1/14/05 2:11 am - Tucson, AZ
What might convince me to come is a schedule of what is offered at the event. Can you please post the schedule of meetings, lectures, etc., that will be offered? I read the post and checked the links and none of that is included. Thanks in advance. - Stephanie J
Patti F.
on 1/14/05 7:01 am - Mesa, AZ
Below is the link that will show the itinerary for the Obesity Help Phoenix Convention. Sounds like a great time to me! http://www.obesityhelpevents.com/obesity+help+events+arizona.htm Patti
Trisha
on 1/14/05 10:55 am - Glendale, AZ
Looks like this is more for post-ops than pre-ops (afternoon basically). I already know all about the surgery and stuff. But I would like to connect with others from this board and here in the Valley. But $25 for a few presentations and multiple video clips? I don't know, I got to think about it. I may go just to meet others. Here's the agenda: Morning Session 9:00 - 9:30 AM Registration opens - come and visit our vendors! 9:30 - 10:00 AM Opening and greetings 10:00 - 10:45 AM Dr. Terry Simpson, Bariatric Surgeon - "Carbs Are Good" VIDEO CLIP 10:45 - 11:00 AM Q & A 11:00 - 11:45 AM Nutritional speaker TBA 11:45 - 12:00 PM Q & A 12:00 - 1:00 PM Lunch reception for pre and post ops Afternoon: Post-ops (preops welcome) 1:00 - 1:30 PM Dr. Timothy Katzen, Plastic Surgeon - "Body Contouring Post Gastric Bypass" VIDEO CLIP 1:30 - 2:00 PM Opening and weight spell-up 2:00 - 2:45 PM Plastic Surgeon 2:45 - 3:00 PM Q&A 3:00 - 3:45 PM Monica Ganz, PH.D - "Learning to Think Thin" VIDEO CLIP 3:45 - 4:00 PM Q&A 4:00 - 4:15 PM Break 4:15 - 5:00 PM Small groups sessions 5:00 - 5:45 PM Bo McCoy - VIDEO CLIP 5:45 - 6:00 PM Prizes and closing
Stephanie J.
on 1/14/05 12:59 pm - Tucson, AZ
I wouldn't mind seeing the "carbs are good" presentation and hob-nobbin' a little bit, but it's a long drive and I think I'll just get the highlights from those who do attend from Tucson. Thank you very much for getting the agenda posted. I hope those who do go have a great time! - Stephanie J
B. McCoy
on 1/20/05 11:35 pm - Columbus, OH
The schedule above includes video clips but, both Monica and I will be present at the event. Please visit http://www.obesityhelpevents.com then click on February and you will be able to see a more completed schedule. Thanks, Bo
kkernagis
on 1/22/05 6:55 am - Mesa, AZ
a few of us were confused...is lunch provided, or do we bring a sack lunch?
B. McCoy
on 1/24/05 5:38 am - Columbus, OH
Lunch is provided. Normally we do finger foods. Cheese, crackers, meatballs, etc. --Bo
Most Active