Need Support @ Scottsdale Bariatric Clinic

sweet-pea
on 12/15/04 6:48 am - pittsburgh, PA
Greetings; I am from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and had lap RNY 6/21/04. I am doing very well and am grateful for the chance I have been given to turn my life around. My future F-I-L had surgery Tuesday (12/14) at Scottsdale Bariatric Clinic with Robin Blackstone. He did well through the surgery...took a bit longer because of his size, but all went seemingly well. He was not alert for several hours after he got to his room. Last night (Tuesday) he began with a bleed (internal I presume)...he was taken to ICU. Today (Wednesday) he was given blood Plasma and the bleed seemed to be under control. This afternoon he began with respiratory problems and is now on ???"double"??? oxygen and still in ICU. He has not been up walking at all...Blood Clots scare the hell out of me. I am very concerned about this situation. I am here in Pittsburgh with his son, along with his father and brothers. The rest of the family (his other children and his siblings) are in Las Vagas. The only one with my F-I-L is his wife. She is very concerned, confused and overwhelmed. I am looking for someone in the area of the clinic, who has gone through the procedure, that may be available to offer her some support or visit with her a bit. If you can help, I would greatly appreciate it. My experience of the RNY here in Pittsburgh was very uneventful and positive. I was hoping for the same for him, however he is having some complications. Any insight, assistance, etc will be wonderful. Also, any info about the surgeon, the program or the facility would be helpful. Thanks for your time. If you can help please email me and I will forward his information and telephone number for his wife. All the best, Marie
rron999
on 12/15/04 10:38 am - Victorville, CA
I am not very close ,about 3hours away,but I will pray a ton of prayers for you f.i.l.,,,,,,ron..in az
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/04 1:37 pm - CA
Marie, Our prayers are with you and your family. I have posted the link to your message here on two other AZ message boards that I know of and am hoping that you will get some much needed help. Mary
Kiara M.
on 12/15/04 9:24 pm - Buckeye, AZ
Marie, I am sorry to hear about your FIL. I can tell you this. I had surgery with Dr. Blackstone 3 years ago and still attend all support group meetings. Dr. Blackstone is one of the best surgeons with one of the lowest complication rates in the country. Scottsdale Healthcare is also a very good hospital. Please know that he is in the best of hands and that the program at Scottsdale is one of the very best. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Kiara
Linda B.
on 12/16/04 6:43 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi Marie, I'm in the Phoenix area. I'm just over 4 weeks post op myself, and having a few complications, but I'm sure I can help in some way. Please email me at [email protected], and if you can, include your phone number. I can call you and see what your Future mother in law needs, and if I can help out. Linda
Deanne K.
on 12/21/04 6:20 am - Tucson, AZ
Marie, I had my surgery with Dr. Blackstone on 11/9/04 and have been in the hospital with a couple of complications since then. Dr. Blackstone and the hospital will take care of your FIL. I live in Tucson, so I cannot go to visit with your FIL or I would. My prayers are with you and your family. Deanne Kelly
Most Active