anyone have coca-cola insurance

beth0603
on 12/14/04 1:36 pm - Chandler, AZ
I recently started working for coca cola and i know that they have blue cross ppo for their insurance, but i was not given much more info as my benefits will not start for 90 days.. i just wondered by chance if anyone else had or was familiar with their insurance ?? I am very interested in getting the lap band but am going to try first to get approved thru insurance before going thru financing for it.. Thanks, Beth
Trisha
on 12/15/04 1:37 pm - Glendale, AZ
http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgery+insurers+in+arizona.html On the main page of OH click on the "insurers" link and you can search by state/insurance company and see what other patients have said about BC/BS. You may want to call BC/BS and tell them who your employer is so they can look up their policy, then see if they have the weight loss surgery on their policy. Then find out what you need to do to qualify for surgery. For example, with Aetna, I had to have been 100+ lbs overweight for at least 5 years, tried a physician supervised diet for 6 months, had to have a letter of support from primary care physician supporting need for surgery and a psych consult/clearance. So I made sure all that was in order BEFORE I went to see the bariatric surgeon. Also, see which doctors use BC/BS, and call them and get an appointment. Don't tell them you don't have insurance yet. Just act like you already have BC/BS. Most surgeons are booking out 2-3 months now just for a consult, so don't wait until last minute to schedule consult. Also, do you have short-term disability? You are going to be off work for at least a couple weeks with this surgery, so see what kind of paid time off you get. I thought your subject title was cute! "coca cola insurance". LOL Best wishes to you and God Bless!
Most Active