my surgery is on the 20th of december...

rron999
on 12/11/04 11:48 am - Victorville, CA
can someone please tell me how to make an easy protein shake?? thanks im just not getting it/ i want to start on all liquid diet on monday.../
Stephanie J.
on 12/11/04 2:48 pm - Tucson, AZ
One of the easiest and cheapest protein drinks to make is to take a glass of milk and mix in a packet of dry milk. Then add a little flavoring - anything from vanilla extract to almond extract to low cal chocolate syrup. - Stephanie J
Linda B.
on 12/12/04 6:31 pm - Chandler, AZ
I bought and still use Atkins shakes. Sam's Club is now carrying them in Chocolate, and those are the cheapest ones I've found. I get my strawberry ones at GNC... watch for sales. The strawberry is thinner and goes down easier post op. They have 20 grams of protein each, and are loaded with a bunch of other "goodies" that we need. good luck Linda
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/04 9:04 am - CA
As a pre-op ... I used: Vanilla protein powder --- 1 scoop 8 oz of water 1/2 cup frozen berries unsweetened 1/2 banana frozen or regular (frozen if you want it super thick) Splena if needed for sweetening Blend away in a blender that can handle ice. Makes a rich, creamy protein shake very similar to a berry milkshake. As a post-op early on --- same recipe but didn't put in the berries & banana, added ice chips for thickening. You can add in flavorings etc. You can also make your shake with milk, but I have had lactose intolerance a couple of times in years past so didn't want to do too much milk items. Wishing you the best. Mary
Most Active