Juarez - Liquid pre-op?

Trisha
on 12/6/04 11:41 am - Glendale, AZ
Does Dr. Juarez require patients to do a liquid diet pre-op? If so, for how long?
Shannon R.
on 12/7/04 6:47 am - Mesa, AZ
Dr. Juarez did my surgery in July and I was required to drink clear liquids only from noon the day before my surgery. Best of luck to you! Shannon
cynthia E.
on 12/8/04 7:56 am - buckeye, AZ
Trisha; I had surgery on 11/29. The day before surgery you can have a light breakfast. No solid foods after 11:30am. You will have to do a bowl cleans around 1pm so you will do liquids for the rest of the day. The day of surgery you will have nothing to eat or drink at all. This includes water. NONE.... This preop stuff was not hard at all. Kinda of scary at first but not bad to do. Hope this helps. Cyn
LilTroysMom
on 12/11/04 5:00 am
I ate normal food up until the day before surgery. The day before surgery, I had: B - Bagel w/ cream cheese and a protein drink L - Yogurt and a protein drink D - Beef broth and SF jello plenty of water to stay hydrated during and after surgery. I was only allowed to have ice chips for 24 hours after surgery. Good luck and best wishes, Jennifer -57 (-42 since surgery) 237/222/180/135 45 pounds til goal...
Most Active