Hello everyone!

Shannon K.
on 11/28/04 2:58 am - Phoenix, AZ
Well, I am new to this site. My name is Shannon and I am 23 yo. I weigh in at about 300+ lbs. I haven't weighed myself in a while. It's just too sad. I am interested in getting surgery to better my life. I have a 9 1/2 month old son that means everything to me and I would love to see him grow up. I don't want to be unhealthy and not be able to do the fun things with him. The littlest things make me TIRED. It stinks. I want to do this mostly for myself but for my son and husband. Anyhow, I guess i'm done rambling. Thank you for listening if you did and I could probably write more but I am at work.
tres35cowgirl8
on 11/28/04 3:21 am - * _ *, AZ
Welcome Shannon, I am Teresa and been on Obesity help a little over 2 yrs. I am having surgery in two weeks. There is lots of info here and If I can help just ask. Good luck on your Journey what ever it may be. Teresa
Randi D.
on 11/28/04 5:40 am - Peoria, AZ
Shannon, Welcome to the site. You're in good company. I am having my surgery on December 2nd. I can't wait. Now off to groom my dogs. Randi
Stephanie J.
on 11/28/04 7:21 am - Tucson, AZ
Have you started any of the process yet, Shannon? It can be a bit of a gauntlet to go through sometimes, but the nice thing about sites like this is that there are many others who have already run through it and can help. If you haven't begun, I think the first steps are to check with your insurance company on whether and how fully they cover the surgery and which doctors they go through and then get an appt. for one of the mandatory doctor's seminars. Good luck. I had my surgery about 7 months ago and have children that I'm chasing around and even running in front of now. Keep us up on how your journey is going. - Stephanie J
Tanya T.
on 11/29/04 3:47 am - mesa, az
Shannon, I had surgery On Oct 24, 2003 and it was the best decision I have ever made. I am now down from size 32 to a 10 and have lost a total of 173 pounds whi*****ludes the 30 that I lost prior to surgery. I am soooo much more healthy and have nearly no co-mobidities since surgery. I love my new life. I did this for me and my two daughters and they love their "new" mommy. That being said this is a personal decision that you need to make for yourself because it is a life changing surgery with most being for the good but a couple of things that take some getting used to. Do your research on the surgery as well as the surgeon that you choose. If you plan on going thru your insurance then plan on a battle. I wish you the best of luck and if you have any questions please feel free to email me. Tanya 355/325/182/150 highest/day of surgery/current/goal
Shannon K.
on 11/29/04 9:36 am - Phoenix, AZ
I just wanted to thank you all for the warm welcome. I haven't really researched much into it yet. I just know I want to do it for my health and my son. I'm actually going to talk to my manager at work tomorrow about my insurance and to find out if it DOES or DOES NOT cover it. Also, when my insurance starts. I need to figure all of that out. I think I may start out with a dietician and go from there. I have tried a few of the different types of pills and I have gone to a hypnotist to try to help me with my weight loss. None have helped. The best thing I have tried was the apple cider vinegar pills with only drinking water as my liquid and lots of it. That helped me lose like 40 lbs in 2 months. But, I gained ALL plus some back in no time. I Just want to be healthy and to be able to do things with my husband and child. Shannon
rron999
on 11/29/04 12:52 pm - Victorville, CA
im goignt o have my surgery on dec 20th thats 3 mmondays from now....hang in there,you can do it ,I will keep posting my progress...good luck....
Trisha
on 11/29/04 1:50 pm - Glendale, AZ
Welcome aBOARD, Shannon! I know exactly what you mean. I don't have any kids yet, but want to and live long to see them grow up and have kids of their own! Please post anytime about anything! I'd like to see this board get more active. So post anytime! So glad you found us. Welcome home!
Most Active