girl problems

kkernagis
on 10/31/04 4:29 am - Mesa, AZ
ok, what the heck can i take for these monster period cramps? i used to take pamprin/midol by the handfuls..now that i'm post op, i'm in a serious quandry! tylenol doesn't do anything for me, and we can't take ibuprofen or anything like that. HELP!!! p.s....can't take my left over lortab, cuz i've been having GI problems for over 4 months now, so narcotics are out of the question too! thanks!! Katie
Stephanie J.
on 11/1/04 2:41 am - Tucson, AZ
That is a tough one. I'd ask the bariatric surgeon's office. - Stephanie J
joyful516
on 11/2/04 5:29 am - Gilbert, AZ
Have you checked with yoursurgeon, maybe if you are far enough out you can take some meds that were previously "taboo".
kkernagis
on 11/2/04 9:45 am - Mesa, AZ
lol. i was just there today, with a series of questions for him. did i even think of asking him for this?? no!! i'm such a ditz! well, i have more pressing health problems right now, so i think i'll allow this ditziness this one time. lol. i am 8 1/2 months out, but i would never take anti-inflammatories or nsaids, ever. they can ulcerate you with one dose...don't want to take that chance with everything else going on! thanks for the suggestion..i will call them this week and see if they get back to me. katie
Arizona_Sun
on 11/8/04 5:06 am - Gilbert, AZ
Good decision about the NSAIDS!! I wish I had an answer, but I haven't had those since I was 32 (hysterectomy). I remember full well the terrible pain though and would not wish that on anyone. Something like percocet might work, but depends on the reasons why you are avoiding the RX stuff. It is not in the NSAID class, if I recall correctly. Sandra
Andrea B.
on 11/12/04 9:35 am - Glendale, AZ
I have the same problem. I was just at the OB/GYN today and he prescribed Bextra (with my surgeons's permission), I can take 1 Bextra a day if I also take Prilosec with it. A consideration - Bextra is in the Vioxx type drug family, but my doctor wasn't concerned about the implications for me due to my good heart health.
kkernagis
on 11/13/04 3:29 am - Mesa, AZ
i will check into that...thank you!
Most Active