INTEL EMPLOYEES!!

sgirl
on 10/24/04 3:17 am - tucson, AZ
My husband works for Intel Corp. in Chandler, and I have been looking into gastric bypass surgery for myself. We have heard that many employees at this facility had surgery through their insurance (Cigna), but I am having difficulty opening up to anyone there about my curiosity in the surgery. I remember going to lots of corporate functions and the ladies not being very nice to me, making comments about my weight. So, I really don't want to confide in anyone just yet. I was just wondering if you can tell me your experience with the insurance company. I am always being told how good an insurance I have, but this is getting sticky, thanks to all for past support and comments and just words of encouragement.
Stephanie J.
on 10/24/04 3:59 pm - Tucson, AZ
There are a number of people here in Tucson who have had problems with Cigna. They tend to deny on the first application, but if you stick with the appeals process, they have to approve you if it is in your contract that it's done for medical necessity and you have the co-morbidities (which just about all of us do). There is a yahoo group called cigna_squeakywheels where a lot of people who have problems with Cigna go to for help and support. Good luck and don't let the real freaks - the ones who put others down - get the satisfaction of sticking in your craw. The whole thing is very scarey at first, but this surgery is so life affirming, you need to do whatever you can to access it, even if it means dealing with the schmucks. Just remember who your real friends were after the surgery. The ones who stuck by when you were a big girl will be even more cherished afterwards when all the "good timers" want to get instafriend status with you. Good luck on your journey. It may be a long one, but will likely be very satisfying. - Stephanie J. (6 months out- down 100 pounds)
Lucy28
on 11/6/04 11:16 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Sally, I had Cigna and they are the worst. Be prepared to have 6 months of medically supervised diets, meet with a dietician and see them monthly. Whatever diets you have done such as weigh****chers... they do not even want to hear about them..... it must be from a Doctor. The worst part is that Cigna doctors won't just see you for obesity so you have to have another alliment to see your doctor and make sure he writes in the notes that you are dieting under his care. My insurance changed and I was approved 1,2,3. Jump throught the hoops and good luck
Most Active