What did you take to the hospital?

tres35cowgirl8
on 10/22/04 5:17 am - * _ *, AZ
I was wondering those of you who had surgery at St. Lukes what did you take to the hospital and use? Thanks Teresa
tres35cowgirl8
on 10/22/04 12:42 pm - * _ *, AZ
come on guys I am starting my list Help me out I know your reading PLEASE, PLEASE.
baddgurrl
on 10/23/04 2:45 am - Chino Valley, AZ
Way more than I needed I'll tell you that. But I did need, my brush, toothbrush (although I think they tried to give me one of those too) my slippers, my CD player, chapstick, and a nightgown (for hall walking) and some deodorant. I had a ton more stuff but didn't end up using it. I also brought a small fan on someone elses advice (my surgery was in April) and would definitely have died without it. I brought magazines and books, but didn't really have time for anything like that. Congrats and I hope you do great...I know you will Carol
tres35cowgirl8
on 10/23/04 2:58 am - * _ *, AZ
Thanks for posting. I was wondering if less is more. Does it really get that warm in the hospital. every time I had to go to the hospital I froze. Chapstick I bet was a life saver too. Teresa
cindy
on 10/24/04 6:50 am - Mesa, az
I also had my WLS at St Lukes. Chapstick, small fan, favorate bed pillow, baby spoon and sippy cup, they do not provide them, also toothpaste/brush, and your personal hygiene products, pads if close to that time of month. I also brought my backstracher, I dropped my oxegen nose piece and used the backstracher to pick it up, I also brought a pair of ankle socks, but my feet get really cold. Wear a lose fitting outfit to the hospital, and you can hang it up and wear it home, there is very little room beside your bed, so do not bring to much stuff, it will just get in the way. The hospital provides large gowns and you can wear one around your back when walking the floor. Good Luck.........The nurses are terrific, but they are so busy, don't forget to bring someone to help you with the small things, maybe a spouse or friend. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -168 lbs BR 8-4-04
tres35cowgirl8
on 10/24/04 12:02 pm - * _ *, AZ
Thanks Cindy I have watched and read your profile since last yr you have done GREAT! I was up at walgreens today and saw the wooden back scratchers for 1.99 I think I will get one. I know I will take chapstick for sure, brush, ponytail ( I have let my hair grow out I was worried about loosing it so the longer the better LOL. I am not sure what I will bring to have something to do I only want one thing either a book or cd's not sure yet. I wll have to find something that's easy to put on all I have is pull up shorts and T-shirts guess that will do. I think they put you in a binder right? Do you wear it and take it home? Also what about my CPAP do they have them there? I wouldn't be able to sleep with out it. I will probably be alone so what ever I need I will have to take with me to help myself. Thanks Teresa
tres35cowgirl8
on 10/24/04 12:27 pm - * _ *, AZ
I forgot what about wedding rings I can't get mine off any one know if that's a problem?
Most Active