Who else has December surgery Date?

tres35cowgirl8
on 10/21/04 4:15 am - * _ *, AZ
Mine's December 14th only 53 more days! I am mostly trying to get info on things I need to get next month I will be trying the protien, finding food I can eat after next month I will read read read. I have read alot of profiles on what every body took to hospital, ate after but I am very courious as to what Dr. Zahn's patients took with them and what he recomends? Any Idea's? Teresa
Randi D.
on 10/22/04 5:34 am - Peoria, AZ
Teresa, Mine is on December 2nd.
tres35cowgirl8
on 10/22/04 6:02 am - * _ *, AZ
Hi Randi, Congrates on your surgery date! How are you doing ? getting nervous? Are you ready? I have found this week I have started to get excited. Been a long two yrs and A huge let down in jan when I was 3 days from having Surgery and My Ins got cancelled. But I am now coming out of my shell and really starting to look forward to the process. Good luck I hope you do wonderful Teresa
Randi D.
on 10/22/04 11:55 am - Peoria, AZ
Teresa, I am definitely very excited. It has been a long journey for me. I was working at Bank One had United Health Care, and Bank One had an exclusion, so I had to wait for the next enrollment to change insurance. I switched to Aetna, and then found that Zahn was not approved by Aetna. The customer service people at Aetna said they had too many complaints, and I didn't like his prima donna attitude. He also required patients to see Doctor Maxwell, who is a complete lunatic. I also had a huge problem with Kelly Hughes. She lost my medical records not once but twice! I was then laid off from Bank One, and began working for JPMorgan Chase(Biggest mistake of my life). I had United Healthcare, and had to start the whole process again. I chose Dr. Hilario Juarez as my surgeon. I worked for JPMorgan for 10 months and then left because I couldn't stand being harassed because of my weight and my decision to have weight loss surgery. I now work at USAA, a wonderful company dedicated to providing their employees with great benefits. I was approved very quickly from BCBS of Texas. I was all set to have my surgery on 9/20 when I came down with a bladder infection and then had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics that were prescribed. I had to reschedule for 12/2. This time I am taking no chances. I am taking echinacia and cranberry tablets. I, too, am counting down the days. Good luck! Randi in Peoria
tres35cowgirl8
on 10/22/04 12:40 pm - * _ *, AZ
Boy It sounds like the same things I have had to go thru. Some days you feel like you can't go thru all this anymore. I too have had problems with Dr. Zahn's office forgetting to turn in my papers for approval, long waits I wanted to go else where but have no car and getting around to re-due everything I already did there was no way. As you can see I posted if any one lived in my area but I have not got any responses. My scooter will only make it so far. I was told I couldn't ride dial a ride cause I didnt have a disability card. Taxi's cost alot. I am still waiting 22 months for a hearing from disability. They make it so hard, you try to better your life and they want to keep you from getting it. Any hoo. I hope EVERYTHING goes good for you and you get what your heart desires and you have a great new life . Thans for answering me and have a great weekend Teresa
Jacque B.
on 10/23/04 2:45 am - Phoenix, AZ
My date is December 13th. I am having done with Dr. Blackstone in Scottsdale. It really has started to hit me yet because I've been battling my insurance company for two years now, nad I didn't think it would ever happen. I don't think I'll really believe it until they check me in at the hospital! Which hospital will you be at?
tres35cowgirl8
on 10/23/04 3:08 am - * _ *, AZ
Hi Jacque, I know what ya mean been thru the same thing. I hear Dr Blackstone is great! I am having surgery with Dr. Zahn. I have done the classes and Phyc eval had stress test. I didnt want to start all over again even thou it takes for ever to get a date with him I stayed with it. My surgery will be at St Lukes. I started with the wish center then went to newhoff, then to barics in scottsdale then to Dr. Zahn It was totaly crazy. wish center didnt take my ins. I didnt care for newhoff, I got denied at Barics by my ins, then to zahn got denied then got Tricare and was approved but couldnt get Zahn to move up surgery date before Tricare Ins expired. My husband was in Iraq last yr and only had ins 120 days after he came home. we could have gotten cobra but they wouldnt let us do 1 person had to be a family and was 2000.00 every 3 months paid up front we didnt have it so had to wait for hubby to get new ins. It's been two yrs for me too. Almost made me nuts. Good luck And I am glad we are a month and 1/2 away Teresa
mizzlady1960
on 4/26/07 4:47 pm
Hi Teresa, you are truly my angel. I am having my surgery done by Dr. Juarez on May 16th, 2007. Im really scared and nervous all rolled into one. The type of surgery that I am having is the Lapriscopic Bypass Surgery. How are you doing and how did your surgery go for you? Please talk to me and let me know what to do and what to expect. Were you in a lot of pain? How long did you stay in the hospital? Are you ok now? And are you glad that you did it. Teresa please e-mail me at [email protected] or call me collect at 1-928-428-2057. Help I need someone to talk to. Especially someone who's already had it done. Ok im scared, but I Know its the best thing for me to do. Thanks you and I hope to hear from you soon. Take care and God bless you Teresa
Most Active