Psych Eval

JACLYN C.
on 10/8/04 12:04 pm - TUCSON, AZ
I wonder if we all took basically the same psych eval. I had some questions that the dr. ha me confussed: Do I feel hopeless or helpless? I asked if it was a general question or dealing with getting the surgery. The Dr. wouldn't answer me. And on the test If I was a painter would I paint flowers? Okay, can someone please explain to me the meaning. I understood the suicide and drug questions but some I felt were off the wall. Also in todays paper had an article about 1 in 50 gastric bypass patient die not 1 in 100 that we were led to believe. Sorry so long...jaclyn
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/04 3:16 pm - CA
Jaclyn, I didn't have to do a psych eval. Kaiser (CA HMO) left that up to my PCP as to whether or not it was needed. I had been a regular patient of hers for years so she signed it off as not needed. Hopeless to me means that there is absolutely no hope of a solution/answer. That I've hit the end of the road so to speak. That no matter what I do or what anyone else does the outcome will not change. Helpless to me means that altho there is or could be an answer/solution I have no control over the outcome. Someone else controls the outcome. I honestly do not believe the 1 in 50 statistic, I wonder where that got that statistic. My surgeon had done close to 600 surgeries when he did mine and had not lost 1 patient during that time frame. Mary
Most Active