Hi all, I went for a chec...

Tanya T.
on 9/30/04 9:18 am - mesa, az
Hi all, I went for a check-up at my surgeons office this morning and all is well blood work wise. Well except for that darn irol level. It s 37 on a range of 35-175. And that is with taking iron daily. You all can imagine what that does to me Anyhoo, I am down a total of 127 since surgery and 157 including the 30 pounds I lost just prior to surgery. I am feeling better each day. I can chase my rowdy three year old and that is a blessing. I still dump from time to time. sometimes for reasons unknown to me but oh well, them the breaks. I crack-up at all the changes I have gone thru. From size 32 to 14 and still plugging away. Would love to be a size 10, we will see. Well thats the update. Tanya -127 BMI 32 from 54!!!
Arizona_Sun
on 10/1/04 1:27 am - Gilbert, AZ
Does your doctor check your ferritin level as well as your iron levels? What are you taking? Are you seperating your iron supplement from all other supplements except vitamin C so that you can get the best absorption possible? Iron should be taken two hours after a meal and any other supplements and then you should not take anything for an hour after taking the iron to also help with the absorption. Dairy or calcium supplements with iron is a big no no. My ferritin level was 12 (bottom of range) and my iron was in the mid-range, but because of the ferritin number (the iron stores) I was put on iron. I have been doing 300 mg of iron carbonyl in two doses of 150 mg a day (we absorb about 150 mg at a time) and have raised it to 65 in three months. The iron carbonyl is gentle on the stomach as well. I buy mine from vitalady.com. Sandra
Most Active