Need An Angel

Wendi K.
on 9/25/04 3:18 am - Gold Canyon, AZ
I recently moved to Arizona this past month. I am going through the 8 week program with THE WISH CENTER and I would like an angel for added support. Anyone interested please contact me. My husband is supportive, but frightened. How can I help him understand the need for this surgery?
Rosalie S.
on 9/26/04 10:51 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi! I'm scheduled for surgery this coming Friday. Am a little nervous but know it is the best thing for me to do. I'm 63, weigh 240, 5 ft tall, and am having knee pain; can't do much walking. The message boards helped me a lot and reading other people's experience. At first I was scared but the more I looked into it the more confident I became. Tons of people are having this done with amazing results. Have talked to people who have had it done and friends of my friends that had it done. Everything I have heard has been positive. One lady weighed over 300 lbs and had trouble with her joints. Now, at about 140 lbs., she is doing pilates...that's amazing. There are some risks to surgery, but is with all surgeries. If I had to have a heart surgery done, it would be done. So, whats the difference, say I. After I lose weight I won't have to take my blood pressure meds anymore and I can finally wear pretty clothes. They don't make anything attractive for heavy people. Have heard that if you have diabetes it will also go away. My son was apprehensive, but think I have finally convinced him it is the best thing for me to do. I am sick alot due to food intollerances and after this surgery I will have to stick to their diet, so think I will probably feel better. Sad to say I can't seem to stick to a healthy diet, but lots of healthy foods make me sick...its crazy. Hope this has been some help. Good luck/God bless!!!
Wendi K.
on 9/26/04 3:12 pm - Gold Canyon, AZ
I wish you a safe journey. Please keep in touch when you get home. I have alot of questions for you, but I am sure you are just a little anxious to get the surgery over with. I am planning to have the surgery before the end of the year. I am very tired of taking medications for diabetes, high blood pressure, allergies, high cholesteral, gerd and last of all depression. I am tired of being morbidly obese. I know the surgery will go fine, but we lost our 19 year old son almost 4 years ago and my husband is just afraid of loosing anyone else. We are schedualed for counceling and I plan to discuss this fear with the doctor. My sister had the lap band 7 months ago but she had less weight to loose. She is doing fine. I am hoping with her success he might be a little less frightened. God Bless you too.
Shrinking F.
on 9/27/04 4:19 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Wendi I went through the WISH Center as well in January of this year and to date I've lost 115 lbs (give or take a pound depending on water issues) with about 25 lbs to go. I'd be more than happy to talk with you anytime and can give your hubby some bits of information as to what to expect. Do you go to the support groups? Which Doc do you have? (They're all great there) Keep in touch, and good luck with everything. Fanny
Wendy T.
on 9/27/04 7:56 am - Apache Junction, AZ
Hi Wendi, What a Great name!! Ya know, I live close to you. I did not go through the Wish Center but I am 7 1/2 months out from surgery. I would be happy to meet with you or talk on the phone. I sent you a private e-mail. Get back to me if you's like. and Take Care, Wendy T.
Most Active