I am so excited. I got a...

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/04 10:18 am - Chandler, AZ
I am so excited. I got at date of October 27th. I am also nervous. I chew nicorette gum, one a day, do I need to give that up? I need to work on the one cup of coffee to. Have a great day everyone. Sandy
Patti F.
on 9/24/04 2:52 pm - Mesa, AZ
Congratulations Sandra!! I also will be having surgery in October! My surgery date is the 8th, and I am excited and nervous! I can't wait to be a loser! Where will you be having the surgery? I wish you all the best! I would ask your surgeon about the gum to be sure, but I would say that you probably should give it up. As far as the coffee, I was told to start weening myself off the caffiene now. I only drink about 1 - 2 cups of coffee in the morning and occassionally have an iced tea at lunch, so they suggested I start drinking half reg. coffee and half decaf and then go straight to decaf on coffee and tea. Good luck Sandra - keep me posted on your progress! Patti
(deactivated member)
on 9/24/04 4:05 pm - Chandler, AZ
Congratulations to you on your upcoming surgery. I will be having my surgery at St. Lukes in Phoenix by Dr. Fang. I gave up diet cola three weeks ago which was a major thing for me but I am fine with that now. I only drink one cup of coffee in morning and will change to half a cup for the next week and then decaf after that. I knew the gum would have to go. Fortunately, I quit smoking several years ago(4) but kept the one piece of gum. I will change to peppermint bubble gum and blow a few bubbles for a while. I wonder if we can chew gum after surgery. Thanks for you response and I wish you the very best ....we deserve it. Sandy
Shannon R.
on 9/25/04 3:56 am - Mesa, AZ
Congratulations, Sandra! I hope your surgery and recovery go smoothly. Best wishes, Shannon
Most Active