Walk From Obesity was fun!!

Arizona_Sun
on 9/20/04 3:03 am - Gilbert, AZ
On Saturday I participated in the 2nd Annual Walk From Obesity at Scottsdale Community College. It was a fun event and it would be WONDERFUL if next year we can get even more people out to participate. They had a great raffle, but I did not win. Someone won a really terrific bike as the Grand Prize. There were many tables set up with little freebies and two radio stations attended including my favorite KFYI. There were some surgeons who also attended including my surgeon from Barix. The weather was pretty nice for Arizona in September. We had cloud coverage and it made for a pleasant walk. The actual walk itself was 1/2 hour, but the event ran from 6 a.m. until about 9:30 or so. Next September I hope that many more of you decide to attend and make the Walk From Obesity a part of your annual commitment. Sandra
cindy
on 9/20/04 12:37 pm - Mesa, az
I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself, alot of very hard work was put into getting this event all together. It was great seeing you, and you are looking good girl. Mark your calendars..........next year..........this event is usually the third saturday of the month of September, and Sandra is right, come out and have a fun time, alot of freebees given out. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -163 lbs BR 8-4-04
saffire
on 9/21/04 1:41 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the date info, Cindy! I couldn't attend this year because I had to work. At my PT job, you have to put in any vacation requests in DECEMBER for the following year , and if something comes up after that, more often than not, you're just out of luck. At least now I can plan to take off for next year's event! Angie S. 400/324/???
Most Active