Your Opinion of Barix Clinics?

Pamela E.
on 9/19/04 2:02 am - Buckeye, AZ
I just signed up to attend this Thursday nights seminar at the Barix Clinic in Scottsdale. Has anyone had WLS surgery there, and if so, what was your opinion of their doctors and staff?
Arizona_Sun
on 9/20/04 12:03 am - Gilbert, AZ
Dr. Schlesinger did my surgery and did a superb job. My experience during my stay was outstanding. The nursing staff is terrific and I did not find myself waiting for help at any time. If the nurses were busy other members of the staff would make sure to help out. You can see some photos of my experience at my online website journal at acdlady.com/WLS_1, just add the www part. All in all the program is a good one. I have some minor issues with parts of the post-op program, but I have yet to find a post-op program anywhere that is totally comprehensive (i.e. meeitng my standards based upon my research). Simply put I would have Dr. S do my surgery again if I were to chose knowing what I know now. If you have any additional questions please feel free to email me. Sandra
Ted D.
on 9/24/04 1:04 am - Chicago, IL
Did you end up going? I am thinking of going to their seminar in Illinois on October 5th. I was looking at their website and they have another one in AZ on October 28th. Was it informative?
desfairy
on 9/25/04 3:16 am - Midland, TX
Pamela, I had my surgery at the Barix clinic in Wylie,TX(just outside Dallas). They were wonderful, the nurses were great...most of them have had the surgery, so they know just how to help. I was thrilled with my dr. I am now 6mos out from surgery and have lost 73 lbs, and am wearing 12-14's right now. I no longer need insulin and my blood pressure meds have been cut in half. My recent labs were all normal and my dr is referring people to my Dr...who is by the way a 6 hr drive from us. My best friend is also trying to have surgery in Scottsdale at Barix and thinks her surgeon is great...she can't wait to get her date. Dorothy
Most Active