CIGNA

JACLYN C.
on 9/16/04 10:15 am - TUCSON, AZ
My benefit resource coordinator contacted our Cigna rep and was told Cigna does not cover the gastric bypass in ANY other their plans and they are sorry I was led to believe they do. So even with my PCP referral I'm going to have to pay out pocket cost for my initial consultation w/Dr. Blackstone but Cigna was gracious enough to offer to send an appeal letter.
Scatter
on 9/17/04 1:29 pm - Flagstaff, AZ
Jaclyn, I have CIGNA and it was like pulling my own teeth to get approval, but I got it finally. It all depends on your employer and what they contract CIGNA to cover. Call CIGNA representative and see what you have to do to qualify for this coverage.... do anything they ask. It took me two years to get my final approval and I just know it will be worth the fight and the time it took. -Joan
JACLYN C.
on 9/22/04 11:03 am - TUCSON, AZ
I received the appeal packet from Cigna but no denial letter so I contacted Cigna today and guess what...THEY PAID! When I told my HR Coordinator she was like Cigna said there is no coverage for weightloss so why did they pay it..now she's confused. I really wanted to say " Silly woman don't you know Cigna LIES & like likes to confuse people...but she's really nice and I like her. Now on the the Psych Eval!
Most Active