Help with finding a PCP in Phoenix.

John W.
on 9/14/04 12:19 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi all, I just met with my Doc over at Barix Clinic in Scottsdale and everything was going fine until we went over the insurance stuff, I guess Cigna has lots of hoops to jump through. What a freaking bummer. I left and didn;t finish because I was so pissed. They told me I had to be in a supervised program during the past year???? I think this means I have to go on another diet with a doc, fail and in 6 monmths re-submit. I hate insurance companies and lawyers, well I also hate the Green Bay Packers, thieves, liars...anyway I am a little PO'ed at the moment. Questions: Any help or clues to Cigna in AZ? I have the OPEN ACCESS PLUS Plan I need a primary doctor in Phoenix, any suggestions? I need a supporter of WLS. I also need a Psychological Evaluation and a Nutritional Evaluation??? Any help would be awesome Thanks and I am not allways this bitter!
joyful516
on 9/15/04 4:09 am - Gilbert, AZ
I would suggest that you ask your surgeon, what doctors cooperate with his office and support WLS. That you should give you a great start. Hey cheer up you could be like me and my last two insurances would not cover it no matter how many hoops I jumped through and the Obesity Lawyer could not help. I am having to pay for it myself, but it is going to happen. I heard from one patient that after the first of the year that 97% of all insurance companies will stop covering the procedure. (that is not right)
Richard L.
on 9/15/04 2:34 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Did you go to Dr Blackstone in Scottsdale AZ? If so, she is an awesome dr. I hope all goes well with you and your journey, I started in January, and I will have my surgery the end of October beginning November of 2004....
Most Active