Why am I getting so sick???

Vicki M.
on 9/8/04 12:30 pm - Chandler, AZ
Can someone please tell me what I doing wrong? Post op 6 weeks and lost over 32 pounds so far. My doctor said I should start to introduce regular foods. I have had scrabbled eggs and they went down fine, then I try them again and I get sick. Egf salad is okay, whats up with this egg thing... I had broiled salmon just fine last week, this wee****ep getting sick. I am so afraid to eat that I might throw it up. Forget about sliced turkey, ham or even Chicken salads.. all come back up. Ground beef is the only thing I can eat, can't even have ground turkey.. Whats up. I feel like I can't even get out the puree phase, and even then I get sick. Didn't have this problem in the beginning, just the last 2 weeks it's been throw up city. Can someone please help. I don't eat for fear of getting sick. Oh and sometimes milk is fine and sometimes it isn't WHY????? Vicki
Stacey R.
on 9/9/04 1:34 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Vicki, I had the same problem about the same time as you. You need to call your surgeon and let him know what is happening. That is not normal!! I had a stricture and had to have 3 endoscopies. I'm waiting for a date on my fourth. I'm not trying to scare you but it's not good to wait. You need to let your surgeon know what your symptoms are. It sounds to me like a stricture. Hang in there...it will get better. Stacey
joyful516
on 9/9/04 5:17 am - Gilbert, AZ
That is not normal and sounds very dangerous. Call your doctor and find out what is wrong. Obviously your body is telling you something is not right.
Allan C.
on 9/12/04 11:50 pm - Mesa, AZ
Yea, its a pain, but it gets better every week. We hear this a lot in our WLS support group (central-valley). Your body is adjusting and I know just what you mean - what is good one day is terrible the next. Just keep going forward - things will settle down and normalize. Its just not possible to tell what normal will be! I personally see this situation, when it happens to me, as a positive situation that is helping me to make conscious choices about what I eat. Just make sure you get in the minimum of protein and calories every day, even if it comes from protein shakes, and take your supplements. I think part of the problem I (we) had before the surgery is that everything and anything went down, in any quantity. Now our systems are getting used to a new standard, and both the type and quantity of food can cause it to come back up. Work closely with your PCP and your surgeon, if not with the staff of the program you had your surgery through. Also, attend a support group meeting regularly. You will find that many people experience what you are going through. Good luck as you become your new YOU. Al Christensen RNY 6/12/04 378/262/190
Most Active