Good Sam support group

Janette
on 9/8/04 2:35 am - Peoria, AZ
Does or has anyone attended Good Sams bariatric support group and if so can you give me any feedback.... Its a long distance for me but one I am willing to make if worthwhile.
joyful516
on 9/8/04 3:06 am - Gilbert, AZ
I would know something about that as well!
buttercup C.
on 9/9/04 12:25 am - Phoenix, AZ
I attend those meetings and LOVE them! on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month there is a "geraduate class" meeting (post op 6mo+) led by Dr. Cooper and it deals with the emotional changes that we are experiencing. The other Tuesdays of the month they have nutrionist/exercise physiologist and stress "busters" and they are open to pre and post op with their support people. The meetings start at 6:30p and are done by 8:00p. You do not have to be a Good Sam patient nor be a patient of any particular surgeon. It's open to Everyone who has had WLS. I live in Avondale and take the drive every Tuesday. Hope to see you there
joyful516
on 9/9/04 5:12 am - Gilbert, AZ
I would like to know more! What exactly does a meeting consist of? What do you do?
buttercup C.
on 9/9/04 6:36 am - Phoenix, AZ
They are support group meetings. Depending what Tuesday you go the "menu" or topic for the evening varies. When the nutrionist is there they discuss diet and nutrition and the attendees participate in a question/answer session. When the exercise physiologist is there, she discusses what exercises are best depending on what "stage" you are at, etc. For the 6+ post op session meets, you can discuss pretty much anything, she helps you deal with life issues and ANYTHING else.
Most Active