Banner Mesa Med. Ctr. WLS Program

Patti F.
on 9/3/04 2:45 am - Mesa, AZ
Hello Everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know that Banner Mesa Medical Center has a WLS program, with excellent surgeons for WLS! The hospital is not yet listed on this site, but I think they are working on it. Dr. Johnson is one of the surgeons that offers the surgery, and he is listed on this website. He will be my surgeon and he is wonderful! All the staff in the office is wonderful - especially Sandra! She has made my journey so much easier. I am waiting for insurance approval, but should have an answer within the next couple of weeks. If you live in the East Valley, and are considering having WLS, check out this program! The program they offer is exceptional for before and after care! And, since the program is fairly new at this location, the wait time is much shorter! Check out Banner Mesa Medical Center website and you will be able to get the info on the program, and a listing of upcoming informational seminars! I am not trying to influence anyone's decision on which program to use - that is a personal decision - I just wanted to let people know there is a program available in Mesa! YEAH!!! Have a wonderful and safe Labor Day weekend! Patti
Shannon R.
on 9/3/04 2:13 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Patti, Thanks for the info! I tell you what, Banner has GOT to be better than St. Lukes in Phoenix. I hope your insurance approval comes through with no glitches. Take care, Shannon
Patti F.
on 9/4/04 9:39 am - Mesa, AZ
Thanks Shannon! How are you doing since your surgery? I take it your's was done at St. Lukes?! Hope all is well - send me a note sometime if you would like to chat! I am so looking forward to having this surgery and being able to have more energy and get out and do thing! My mom had WLS in January with Dr. Blackstone and I would have gone with her, however, she doen't take my insurance. Oh well, I am extrememly pleased with Dr. Johnson and the program at Banner Mesa! Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing! Have a great weekend! Patti
Allan C.
on 9/13/04 12:20 am - Mesa, AZ
I agree with you in every respect regarding the Banner Mesa program. I had RNY surgery with Dr. Wannamaker in the same program on June 12th, and could not be happier with not only the results, but the quality of the program at Banner Mesa. Sandra, Venus, and the support staff have put together a comprehensive and quality program. Dr. Wannamaker and Dr. Johnson are the dream team! with years of surgical experience. The support staff - Donna, nutrition, Dorrie, exercise, Erica, psychologist - and the entire hospital staff are on board to insure that you are successful. Of couse, you have to do your part. I have looked at The WISH center, Scottsdale Bariatrics, and St. Vincent's in Cleveland OH (when I lived there) and I currently think Banner Mesa has the best program. THX for giving me a chance to 'second' your observations. Al Christensen RNY 6/12/04 378/262/190
Most Active