East valley Support groups

Kathy P.
on 9/2/04 3:47 pm - AZ
I live off power and mckellips any support groups here in the east. Kathy
Patti F.
on 9/3/04 1:16 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Kathy, Occasionally there will be a list of all the local support groups on the message board, so I went back to the old posts and found the last one I could find. Below is what was listed on that post. Hope that helps! I am pre-op, but have attended the support group at Banner Mesa Medical Center and they are a great group of people. I have been interested in going to the support group at Banner Baywood (Valley Lutheran) but have not yet made it there. How are you doing since your surgery? I am hoping to have my surgery in October or November - just waiting on insurance approval! Send me a note anytime if you would like to chat! I live in the East Mesa area also! Take care! Patti There is an east valley support group for all WLS people that meets at Banner Baywood Medical Center (Power Road and Baywood) in either the Superstition Room or the Kokopelli Room on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday each month. Next meeting is next Wednesday, May 26 at 6 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. Search the groups.yahoo site for eastside_azwls. I would put the url here, but I think it is against obesityhelp rules and am not sure why. Barix Centers has a meeting on the third Tuesday of each month at their center in north Scottsdale and the time for that is 6 p.m. Address is 17500 N. Perimeter Drive in Scottsdale. Phone 480-538-2900. I believe that there is also a central valley group for all WLS people that meets at Banner Mesa (Country Club/Brown Road) off the cafeteria on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday or Thursday of the month. I have not attended so am not positive about which day, but I believe Wednesday and I believe the time is 6 p.m., but you would need to call the hospital to make sure. Also a new group ~ WLS Health & Fitness Support Group Meeting : "We meet on the second and fourth Thursday of each month from 6:00 to 8:00 PM at the Mesa Family YMCA in the Conference room. This is located at 207 North Mesa Drive in Mesa. ItÕs just south of University on Mesa Drive. Our Membership is open to all WLS patients who would like help with their weight loss through a vigorous and well rounded exercise program. The first part of our meetings will be an open discussion group where we can discuss all topics related to Exercise and WLS. The second part of our meetings we will move over to the Fitness Center and help you setup an exercise program that you will be able to follow."
kkernagis
on 9/4/04 7:52 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Kathy, I live in east mesa too. There are 2 support groups in Mesa. One meets at Valley Luthern (banner Baywood) on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month in the superstition room from 6-7:30pm. it is a very small group. The other group is at Mesa Lutheran (banner Mesa), and we meet on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month from 6-7:30pm, and then we go out to dinner afterwards. let me know if you have any questions! Katie K
Most Active