Have you had the DS?

Kabaa
on 9/2/04 11:58 am - Tempe, AZ
Has anybody in AZ had the DS type surgery? If so, why did you choose it over the RNY? Who was your DS surgeon and would you recommend him? Seems like the RNY is the more popular and gets the most posts on this website. I am researching both right now. Thanks a lot. Fran
April A.
on 9/11/04 10:38 am - Surprise, Az
I had my DS almost 2 years ago and am 5 lbs from goal. I love it and my surgeon is wonderful! Dr Simspon #602-234-8995. RNY is more popular, better known, people are more familiar with it. It does not however mean that it is the best surgery for you. Simpson also does the lap band. Check into your options and talk to atleast 2 surgeons, going to atleast 2 seminars. You will learn lots! St Lukes will be doing the DS soon, and it seems more and more are coming around on it, finding out about it, ect. Anyhow, there is a surgeon working with Zahn who has experience with them,. Zahn did a few and stopped, but St Lukes should have a DS program going soon! Where are you located? I am Westside and we have great westside meetings that are not associated with any surgeron nor surgery. Email me if you would like more info! [email protected] Would I do it again?? IN A HEARTBEAT!!! . ´¨¨)) -:¦:- ¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ April -:¦:- -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* Dr Terry Simpson DS 9/18/02 Hernia Repair 4/2/03 drsimpson.com Dr John Corey Abdominoplasty, Mastopexy, Mammaplasty 12/16/03 doctorcorey.com Start weight 330 *** Surgery day 306 *** Currently 175***Goal 170 Click here: Arizona Bariatric Center - Patient Profile
Most Active