MY newest opportunity! (LONG POSTING)

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/04 9:59 am - El Mirage, AZ
Hi all.... Just wanted to tell you about a very exciting opportunity that's come up for me. Let me tell you first, how it all came about: Mark and I used to follow a band called "TRAVELER", It was an excellent "world fusion" kind of band. They would play gypsy, hungarian, and celtic tunes. Well, through differences that musians sometimes have amongst each other, Andy, the guitar player, and Jack, the bass player decided to leave the band and persue their OWN interests and perhaps start up a new band. Traveler still exist minus Jack and Andy now, tho it's not NEARLY as good as it used to be. Well, when I had heard that they both left, I e-mailed Andy to let him know how much they would both be missed and that I felt that "TRAVELER" would never be the same again. Well, longer story short, it started a great friendship for Andy and I, as well as with our family and him. My son Josh now gets additional bass lessons from him. The kid is sharp as a nail, so they really jam together, have a great time doing it, and SOUND great also. So, to bring you up to date now...today after rehearsing, I decided to join up with Andy, Jack,(bass player) Matt (hand drum player) and possibly Eric Borngiorno on drums to form "THE GYPSY UNDERGROUND"! I couldn't BE more happy and I'm really excited to see where this is going to take us. World fusion music is BIG out here. Josh (our oldest) is going to be an "official ROADIE" and help get equipment set up, torn down, and probably get equipment tuned for them, being that he did that with me back in WI when I sang on worship team there. He plays for our worship team here in AZ now. I'll definitely be getting Ryan involved in this someway, also. The most important thing for me is to be that my family both supports me and approves of me doing this. All of them are VERY excited for me! I rehearsed with Andy last week @ Metal Blade Records, where he works. It went really well, once my nerves calmed down. Been a lot of years (at least 3) since I sang into a mic, but God, I love to sing and it felt right. This was "different" for me this time. Andy has such a vision for this band...I just want to be a good fit for him. We rehearsed together today as a whole band, and it felt really good, and went great. Matt, the doumbek (hand drum) player was so focused on my voice, he missed his intro. LOL, I guess that's a GOOD, positive thing to have happen. At least he didn't hear my voice and think "OH MY GOD...AWFUL!!" So, there you have it.....! I'll have to keep you all informed as to how it goes. Andy and Jack write all the music, so we're just getting it all up to speed. Soon, we'll be out there, tho!! LIFE ROCKS!! Michelle 11/21, 161.5 and 15 from goal, give or take!!
Sally Jane N.
on 8/19/04 1:34 pm - AZ
WOW! Our own celeb!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. I don't know about the other kinds of music but my Scots/Irish blood has my feet to tapping when the celtic music is played. GOOD FOR YOU! Have fun, be safe, and most of all love life. Pam R ( native 7th generation AZ'n and still here!)
RedBuddafly
on 8/26/04 7:59 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Michelle, CONGRATS on such blessed opportunity. Keep us posted so I can come out and hear ya! I love celtic music... Erica!
Most Active