gas gas gas

Vicki M.
on 7/31/04 12:31 pm - Chandler, AZ
I just had surgery on Wednesday the 28th. I have been experiancing the most painful gas pains I ever had in my life. Can some please tell if this is going to last a long time. And what can I do the relieve it. Please I am going to exploded
cindy
on 8/1/04 1:11 am - Mesa, az
What helped my with the gas pain was walking, and you may want to call your doctor and see if you can take some Gas-X or something, but try walking. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -152 lbs
Cindy H.
on 8/1/04 1:13 am - Shaker Heights, OH
Vicki, It should be temporary. The surgeon uses air (gas) to inflate your belly to give him room to work. Walking will help tremendously. Check with your Dr. but mine let us use Gas-X or similar product to help ease the gas. It will take 5-7 days to dissipate. Also, try laying on your side with your knees bent. Lay on one side for a few minutes, then the other. Welcome to the lighter side! Cindy Phoenix
Vicki M.
on 8/1/04 6:48 am - Chandler, AZ
Thank you both for your quick response. I have been walking on the Treadmill, I quess I'll walk a little bit more. Once again Thank You both
Shannon R.
on 8/3/04 12:57 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Vicki, I had my surgery on the same day as you. Luckily I didn't have any unmanageable problems with gas. Another person who was in the hospital with me did, though. They ended up having him drink milk of magnesia, they gave him a Ducolax suppository, and told him to walk more. I walked in the hallway with him for about 20 minutes after he got the suppository, then he did his business and he was fine after that. I don't know if your doctor allows those things, but it may be worth a call. I hope you feel better soon and congrats on your surgery! Shannon =)
Most Active