WOOWHOO!! I'm working for Curves!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/04 2:23 am - El Mirage, AZ
Hey all.... Just HAD to tell you all, I accepted a job @ Curves yesterday. I had interviewed on the 21st, which went really, really well. She liked me a lot, said I would be a great fit, but it was the hourly wage that I was concerned abut. I left that interview knowing she'd be calling that night, but not knowing the salary offered. Well, when she called, it was WAAAAY low. I WISH I didn't have to work like I NEEDED the moeny..LOL, but I DO. So, I had to turn it down. GOD, I was SO bummed. Anyhow, yesterday while @ work, I feel my phone vibrate. I look @ the number, and since it wasn't home or kids, I let it go to vm. So, I check it, and it's Judy, from Curves. God, I thought my heart was going to leap out of my chest! I KNEW she was calling back with a new offer. So, long story short, yesterday was my last day, literally @ the call center. (THANK YOU GOD) and I start with Curves on Monday! So much for giving my job notice, but I just couldn't. This is exactly what I have been looking and hoping for. Heck, I'm @ my local Curves 3-4 times a week, minimum anyhow. So now I'll be saving the 20-some dollar debit for that, working out for free, helping people achieve their goals, not sitting on my ASS all day (Listening to people ***** about their garbage!) AND get paid for it. GOD, I could BURST! I had a few job offers this past week, but all for call center. YES...the pay is generally pretty good in that field, but after 2 yrs of it, I'm BURNED out. I love people, BUT.... WOOOWHOO!! Life is GOOD! ~Michelle 11/21 post op 241/160-165?/145-155 goal
cindy
on 7/31/04 9:24 am - Mesa, az
WAY TO GO........ It sounds like you are going to love this new job, and it is good news that you got the salary you wanted. I hear you about call centers, years ago I was a collector for JC Penneys, and had to call on the phone, I hated that job, but worked there for 4 months to earn extra money at X-mas time. Unless you will use this company as a reference, I would not worry about not giving notice. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -152 lbs
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/04 10:18 am - El Mirage, AZ
I'm not worried about a bad referrence from them, should a company need to call some time from now. Obviously my new boss loved me enough to hire me, so she won't have the need to call..LOL I left on good terms, with one of the Sup's name./# for a referrence. (Mine was out on vacation) I did well there, had good phone averages, gave overtime when then asked for it, so I know I'd get a good "report". I had to do what I had to do, and Jim FULLY understood that. This couldn't have BEEN a more perfect fit. ~Michelle (actually looking forward to going to WORK on a MONDAY!! And no more business attire, it's Curves t-shirts and shorts for this lady!!!)
Kendis R.
on 8/1/04 4:33 pm - Mesa, AZ
SOmetimes you just gotta do it. Congrats that is soooooooo awesome. I hope you love that job what good experience..
Shannon R.
on 8/3/04 1:01 pm - Mesa, AZ
Congratulations, Michelle! I can tell you're happy as can be. I am sure you will enjoy yourself. Shannon
Kendis R.
on 8/3/04 3:57 pm - Mesa, AZ
OT Shannon it is good to see ya back. Glad all went well.
Shannon R.
on 8/4/04 1:45 am - Mesa, AZ
Thanks, Kendis! I'm sooooo glad to be home it's not even funny. The hospital stay was horrible. Don't use St. Luke's if you've got a choice.
Janette
on 8/6/04 1:51 pm - Peoria, AZ
I have tried to find out via internet more about curves and the info is very vague..is the cost session or contract, monthly etc...does their equipment allow for someone 300#s. what is the minimum n you need to attend, type of exercise and equipment. Any info would be helpful. Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/04 3:16 pm - El Mirage, AZ
It's only vague because they want you to go in and actually see, feel, touch, and listen. I URGE you to call your local Curves and set up a free Figure Analysis. Plug in your zip code @ that website, and you'll find one close to you. Now, I can't tell you what their (the location closest to you) charges. (Yet another reason why you won't find that on the net) It can vary. It depends on what the owner pays for rent, geographic location...promotions, etc I work for the one on Central/Washington in Phoenix. As for the equipment being accomodating...YES! We have SEVERALgals that are respectfully, +300. It fits their needs just fine! It's all hydraulic equipment, meaning NO weight stacks to change. We say, if you can walk in the door, you can use our equipment. They do NOT have shower facilities, but again, this is NOT your typical gym. You WILL be hot, you WILL sweat, but not THAT much! The work out you would get, would be fairly equivalent to water work outs. Because the machines are hydraulic (water) based and offer 2 way resistance (as you lift up, it resists, as well as when you go back down) You can work it as hard or as easy as you need to. You'll spend 30 seconds on each piece of equipment (generally 8 machines) and also 30 seconds on "recovery pads" where you march in place, dance, whatever...as long as you are MOVING! In a 1/2 hour, and at MOST locations, 3 times around the circuit, you are DONE. (some locations have all 12 pieces of machines, so that would only be twice around) I know 2-3 times around doesn't SOUND like much, but trust me, you WILL be tired, and you WILL get a work out. Unless you're ZENA of the JUNGLE!! Again, I would hope you call your local Curves. It's a fantastically supportive place to be, and of course, for WOMEN. I'm very proud to be a part of it! BTW, I've been a Curves member since one month after my surgery, (11/21) and I've lost well over 54 inches off my body!! (more than that NOW, I know, as I am working out 5 days/week, and MANY times a day, as I am working with a lot of brand new members!) SO, you are asking the right gal!!! I'll sing the prasies of Curves over and over again!! Good luck!!! Michelle 241/164 (and quickly losing!)/145-155 (we'll see)
marmijo
on 8/11/04 4:00 am - NM
I just went to visit the new Curves that opened where I live and was told it was a $175.00 sign up and $39.99 month, I had gone because of an ad I saw on TV and the sign up was for $5.00, they denied that I had seen that on TV and I even have a video or the add since it came out while I was recording a movie I wanted to see. The people there were not even friendly. I know your location will do better having you there , you seem so nice and bubbly, I wish you could spread some sunshine here in New Mexico. Good luck on your new job.
Most Active