Please help!!

FATLOVE
on 7/22/04 3:54 am - Phoenix, AZ
I was denied surgery because psychologist said I was depressed, has anyone had this happen and gotten a second opinion? And then had it covered?
Arizona_Sun
on 7/22/04 3:59 am - Gilbert, AZ
Did the psychologist make any recommendations? I have a friend who was told by two different psychs that she needs additional therapy first, the third one approved her for the surgery. But, she still fights the battle because the original report caused her insurance to deny coverage. I am not sure where she is in her battle at this time. Sandra
FATLOVE
on 7/22/04 4:06 am - Phoenix, AZ
3 to 6 mo. sessions with his intern. I want a second opinion. If I am so depressed, why am I seeing the intern and not the doctor.
Arizona_Sun
on 7/22/04 4:10 am - Gilbert, AZ
I am just curious, but did your insurance send you to him? Is he in Scottsdale? Sandra
FATLOVE
on 7/22/04 4:14 am - Phoenix, AZ
no phoenix, it was someone i picked and then requested a referal for him.
Shannon R.
on 7/23/04 12:41 pm - Mesa, AZ
I know it's disheartening and inconvenient to have to wait while you go through therapy. But, sometimes I think it's for the best. I have a friend who went through the same thing. She was required to go to sessions for three months before the psychologist would clear here and was denied by her insurance in the meantime. As soon as she completed the psych's recommendations and got a letter of clearance, her insurance approved her for the surgery. In the end, she was really glad she had gone through therapy because she was very depressed and feels she gained a lot of insight through the sessions she had.
Most Active