Cigna help

Kelli F.
on 7/12/04 6:58 am - Tucson, AZ
I am in the process of sending my paperwork to Cigna for approval. The problem is that I don't have my weight loss records because they are so old. Most of what I have done recently has been on my own since the programs get to be expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions that may help me get approved?
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/04 8:35 am - El Mirage, AZ
As a Cigna survivor (BARELY) I wish you well, first off, because dealing with Cigna (pardon me) SUCKS. Get in to see your Dr. to get yourself on a 6 month diet. Hands down, in MY opinion (and without LEGAL help) they WILL require it. There are far and few between that have got passed this ridiculous little obstacle. Myself included. (read my profile. I went through HELL with them...denied all three times by Cigna, AND Hayes PLus, their external review board for OUTRAGEOUSLY wrong REASONS. (They said no six months of weigh in's, which was BOGUS, they had EVERY weight/date, and then secondly, that I didn't have a Pysch eval., which they had a copy of!!) Still, I got it ALL overturned. I'm not one to be told NO, after I played by THEIR rules for 8 long months) Never EVER give up!! Trust me, if I can beat them, so can you. I'm not saying this to bring you down, but rather to arm you and warn you that you may be in for one HELL of a fight, but it is not an IMPOSSIBLE fight. Besides, you are WORTH IT!!! I HIGHLY recommend you check out cignasqueakywheels, through Yahoo groups. (GO TO WWW.YAHOO.COM, CLICK ON GROUPS) I was one of the first 5 members @ that board, and I swear, without that site, I would have gone INSANE. Now that I'm a busy, active post op, I don't get back there as often as I'd like, but they are an AWESOME bunch. My main point with the Cignasqueakywheels site is, there is a gal there, by the name of Roberta, that for a small fee (not sure the amt) she can write you a kick a** approval letter. She has gotten MANY approved, without the 6 month DIET crap! It's free, just need a yahoo log in to sign in to it. GOOD LUCK!!! Michelle -72 + pounds by now post op 11/21
Kelli F.
on 7/12/04 8:49 am - Tucson, AZ
Michelle, Thanks so much for the info. I have already received approval and support from my PCP and my psychiatrist. I take the MMPI tomorrow and then submit to Cigna. I tried earlier to find the Squeaky Wheel site but couldn't. I'll try again. I will definitely not give up. Like you, I won't take NO for an answer even if I have to start my 26 weeks of weight loss programs now and get approved afterwards. Congrats on the 72+.....I look forward to that day!
Tamara T.
on 7/15/04 8:18 am - Claypool, AZ
Hey there Keli, Michelle is so right about Cigna. I did not have nearly the trouble as she did, I did get a denial letter but before they got my appeal the reversed their decision, I did not ask why, was just grateful that they did. Do not by any means give up. It will so be worth it in the end. I am now 6 months post op and down 115 lbs. I have no regrets what so ever. Tammy
Most Active