JUST WANTED TO SAY HI TO ALL YOU "ZONIES"

doodlebug
on 7/10/04 10:27 am - MN
I used to live in AZ and thought I'd check out your state board. You guys should use it more! LOL Good luck to all of you and TRY to stay cool!
Shannon R.
on 7/10/04 3:56 pm - Mesa, AZ
Really! This board is a total wasteland, haha. I'll probably get slapped for saying this. But, I've never been much for holding my tongue. The emptiness of this board mimics the attitude of many people in Arizona...most unfriendly and very "keep to yourselfish." Oh well, eh, what can ya do!? Thanks for stopping in. Cheers, Shannon
doodlebug
on 7/11/04 1:43 am - MN
Now you know why I had no problems moving from AZ. LOL After living there 20 years I gave up on having friends and being social. I love it here, neighbors came to introduce themselves starting the first day we were here. And each one came with a gift of some sort. Bottle of wine, muffins, veggies from their garden etc. There's always room for one more if want to head this way Shannon.
Shannon R.
on 7/11/04 3:27 am - Mesa, AZ
How nice for you! I've got one set of neighbors that look at me like I am crazy when I say "hi," haha. I'm so glad you found a place where you're happy, and thanks for the invite! Shannon
Arizona_Sun
on 7/12/04 7:21 am - Gilbert, AZ
Arizona can be that way. I have good neighbors right know and we actually stand out and talk now and then. But so many people with such busy lives certainly does affect how much people get to know each other. I miss the small Iowa town at times. Sandra
Shannon R.
on 7/12/04 8:48 am - Mesa, AZ
I bet you do miss the small town! I know that people are busy here and that could account for their lack of friendliness. But, I have to believe that people are just as busy elsewhere too. ..And I am totally wasting my time trying to analyze Phoenicians! Haha. Anyway, I am really glad that you've got good neighbors! I'm jealous. I really think if our neighborhoods regained that sense of community they had when I was a kid growing up in Peoria, AZ, life would be a lot nice for everyone involved. Congrats on your loss, by the way. You look incredible!
Most Active